Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lazy short entry

saash
Super Contributor
I didn't see a rally into the close? Not on the TOPI anyway.
anyway, doesn't matter - Simon says red at 4.30 ....... and wall street is busy giving it up - so I'm feeling ok.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Should we look at the bid or last price traded at 4:30?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - ask Simon, its his system!
I'm not even sure I've got the trigger and confirm right.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
trigger looks correct. It's the confirm I'm worried about. The last trades around 4:30 were green. I'm unsure of the bids.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahhh. But is Simon in?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't understand how everybody finds it so hard .. yes I in ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
human nature to complicate the simple things..
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
Looking at the market moving right now, I'm guessing that the stop losses will be coming into play sometime soon.... on this short.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Maybe yes, maybe no. Who cares? Like all systems out there, you win some and you loose some. But if you are consistent with this one you can get good returns.
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Lazy stops are on closing price only, not intra-day. Time will tell.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Are you still short or has the system shaken you out?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I think a green today above the 15ema takes the system out? (I ofcourse am not the guru!)
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
No, just 20% stop loss. The EMA doesn't come into play for exiting.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
That 20% still confuses me... 20% of ??
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Of the thing you're trading ? so if its TOPSBX, and you got in on Friday at 48c - I presume the stop is about 39c. I can't see it being 20% of the underlying as sometimes the market won't move that much in a year.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Your warrant will also be pretty worthless by the time the underlying has dropped 20% ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For those of us who missed the entry on Friday (I was sitting in a restaurant with an Omnia trying to get Opera to display OST - almost threw it at a wall eventually), a long opportunity might now present itself today or tomorrow. 30 and 60 is right on top of one another, and price has risen above 15.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hey. Good point Saash. I took a peek at the rules which was posted a while back. Looked at the chart again and see yesterdays close was above 15ema.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos