Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lazy trade

Kappie
Contributor
Simon, Just a quick question. I looked at this on the stx40 and it works fairly well. Can you use shortened days in this method, like 12 & 24 day EMS`s for primary and 7 day for secondary to time you entry and exit points more accurately.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kappie, absolutely one can shorten or lenghten. Shorter will give you more and less profitable trades and longer less but more profitable trades (the profitablity is a spot murky). I used these levels initially as I based this on another system whch used them and then the numbers of trades and duration perfectly fitted my aim - lazy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is this system?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
basically trade the trend. So first define the primary trend then use a shorter term trend to enter the trade. I use 30 & 60 day EMS's for primary and when 30 below 60 (as now) primary trend is down. Then I use 15 day EMS for secondary. When index goes below 15 day EMA it is a trigger for a short (only for short as I only trade in direction of primary). If the next day is red that is confirmation and I go short. You can see the set up for late Dec on the Top40. Ignore everything else and when out you're out until the next entry, and it is very few trades per year (maybe averaging about 1 per month). hence lazy.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi simon you say you use 15 day ema whats the other ema you use with the 15, is it also 60 or 30? Thanks
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
15 relative to index value, 30 & 60 relative to each other.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
sorry i see its in your post, also seems to work for individual shares just done it on bhp and on its on target.thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
simon tell me how you plan your entries and exits / loss control as i have been dogged by this for a long time
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
I am of the view (right or wrong), that not any one and only trade system works well enough for all the shares, not talking very short term and day trading. I find you need to combine different ways that suite that share the best. Still working to get consistent good results; probably like searching for the holy grail.
0 Kudos