Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Legal advice....

Herms
Contributor
Can anybody please tell me, if you act as a service which finds quotations for a third party (excluding financial products, insurance etc)do you need certain qualifications (do you act as a broker?. Please help would really be appreciated.I'm a student and have to use this on a project so this would really help me quite a bit! Thank you. I would also like to know if you are qualified if you give the answer?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Herms, when you say find quotations for others, do you mean things like prices for cars, or cellphones, etc if not insurance, etc? I am no expert but i would think one doesnt require special qualifications for such things, but for investments, insurance, medical aide it might be different, but then again, getting quotes is really not actually giving advice either, its more of just doing the legwork, so i am inclined to think it doesnt require any qualification, regulation, etc. I hope this helped though...
0 Kudos
Herms
Contributor
Thanks a lot for your input Werner. This is the same way that I'm seeing it after I looked at some legislation. I just way to be 100% sure about this fact.I would still appreciate some more input, especially from people on this forum who are familiar with these kind of things.
0 Kudos