Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Length of Inactivity before log off

keng
Contributor
Would someone please advise how auto log off works. I don't sit glued to the site and so there are periods of inactivity. Sometimes I can be away for say 15 minutes and am still logged in. Other times it can be a few minutes and I am kicked out.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
I think it's 20min. If you have easytrader on then you constantly stay logged in.
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Thanks Snap1. Surely there is someone from admin who can answer this simple query.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes they're at the end of 0860 121 161
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
ask rams. but he will just say that the market will go up , but if it doesnt go up it will go down. and he is always right. ive tested it and truly it just goes up or down. best call centre employee ever.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
hey fusion4236, where you been,heard they were looking for you in Boston!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I would have to agree with fusion. RAMS, you are truly an asset to OST call centre. I am going to nominate you as "Employee of the month"
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
lets stick to trading...if you up 400 points today,then you can chat a bit, but otherwise, dont waste chat time???
0 Kudos
seded
Contributor
Anyone know at what time intervals the home page refreshes automatically ? TKS.
0 Kudos
seded
Contributor
Anyone know at what time intervals the home page refreshes automatically ? TKS.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Last time I timed it, it was 28 mins and 45 secs!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That's assuming that things are working smoothly of course! It (the website) can disappear prematurely without reason.
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, did your goose lay the golden HEN egg?
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Apart from Snap1 who gave what I consider a friendly reply and Simon directing me to a help desk, I believe you guys are basically suggesting I go F myself. I thought this was a forum I could ask reasonable questions but, it would appear that I am mistaken. Before we have a torrent of sarcasm, Apologies for thinking otherwise.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
keng unfortunately that be a large part of this and any other forum .. more trolls then your average horror flick ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I would like to think of this as a conversation within a conversation.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
30 min of inactivity and the system kicks you out
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I hope sometime in the next 20 years we get a choice on that and I dont have to change 7 parameters when I look at the graphs!! I know this will fall on deaf ears again but today IÂ’m bored and wrote it.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes wizard, i agree. I also agree with Simon, and apologise to keng, we should stick to trading /investing and the forum is a place to agree or disagree with strategies ...if you click on the names of certain forumites, you will see the trolls(try fusion8902, etc).keng, I never have to refresh , and this i posted previously: if you on the forum and keeping the conversation going, you on all the time...well lets hope its decent conversation
0 Kudos