Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Let's talk OneSense.

Not applicable
Here's my Hillbilly Trader Rule No.1 for the ALSI....uh...if price was at 27 000 yesterday and bounced,and I want to go Short again....uh....I need a 1000 pts above 27 000(Buffer-Pie).... and Mama will be proud,"Thazzz ma Boy !!".So...bootstraps tied at Short-plan 27950.What say you....fellow statistics on a Govt chart ? Keep on Swingin..
0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
FEK
Super Contributor
What's the charts saying on Anglo today ? has the signal changed to buy ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
FEK: AGL is at a Schizo place.As at.Personally,CASH is best.Risk-profile too high to decide which way it will go.As for AGL chart,.The Head-and-Shoulders Price Objective is R236 as Support.So...if R300 breaks down on a Close...you'll hear that sucking sound.Remember,Cash is also a Position.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It be WodensDay 22 June.Do we Short "Hee-Haw" at 28100 ?....let's see if my favourite Piglet's tail points the way.>> "ELMER ! ! get that pink butt over here !"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Elmer chomps,winks,shows me his sordid fantasies(which I ignore as Market noise)...and here comes the strategy>> "Sell into ALSI Strength.Start at 27950,28100..and wait."...uh OK.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
It it a most happy occurrence. Sold my long on the bounce and am hiding until I hear more news.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its short all the way, dont think we see that levels soon..look at volume on futures contract..tells alot
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, fellow demented trader-types and as we see the Zig-Zag,Peek-a-Boo of the ALSI as at......we wait.Nice little 780pt bounce there.But I shall obey my Hillbilly 1000-pt Rule.Coz I'm stupid and it's a simple life in Laptop Arkansas....and I love Elmer.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
that was just a Phew! moment. i used it to stock up on my CFRs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why 1000 points?.Please explain 'jy spreek in tale'??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
christos: I call it the Point of Control,where Price ranges/oscillates until it adjusts via a new trend or continuation of trend.So...27000 is the bottom,28000 is the middle and 29 000 is the top.Simple stuff.Of course,I take into account my Weekly charts,P&F signals....etc(from the personal toolbox).Right now,the PRICE can go to 28500 max before it taps the weekly TOPI at Overbought Side of Operating Downchannel.The point of Control is my place where I go SHORT(in this case) at say 28 050.If I'm wrong I will have a better than even chance of Stopping myself Out.Why? Because PRICE will revisit at least one more time at 28 000.Has worked thus far for me...as a Swing-trader.Last 4 Contracts I shorted at 28800 on 19-20May and covered recently at 27 000...it took 1 month to complete the trade.It all depends on the market and its moves.Coz the previous 2 Contracts.(it was all over in 2 days.).Anyway it's Thursday....I'm 2 short at 28050.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for explenation.Keep on posting.Good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dudes...it's looking creepy out there.Perhaps time to look at where SUPPORT is going to be.That 50% Fib-retrace from the bottom in Sep2010 is at 26575 ( or somewhere close.)...Many ?-marks running around my Cranium as at.= stay in CASH coz that red Flag's UP and Elmer's Tail is FlatLining.Ever been in the bush with a wild Pig nearby ? Heard a hunter's story once.Conclusion:Careful now....heh.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see a big bull run coming this afternoon-Believe it or not.Gap close and more.Futsi and sp500 breaking out of falling wedges for wave c down soon.O.K i now some of the forum members only giving a falling wedge 20% chance.Will proof them wrong.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alsi in the final leg down in falling wedge.I will wait for a strong reversal candle 27150 to 27180 before considering a long.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but Christos,the wedge pattern is just a complex correction, so when the break happens, it means the correction is over...this wedge you see now is a triple correction on daily,and you right, a breakout now will signal a stronger and more prolonged bull phase than the correction.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Sitting in cash and watching 27,000.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
S&P levels to watch is the 1256 and 1249 level, it that goes its going to be nasty!there is no data showing we are in for a leg up..news from the fed greece ect..just trade the trend,Im still short 600point in profit from yesterday and will continue to hold my position until we have a moving event or technicals tells me to go long..
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
christos a good trading system will be to do exactly opposite of you. do u play lotto or gamble ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just to add to previous post S&P 200ma at 1262 also key level
0 Kudos