Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lets have some fun..Forum..What car do you drive

stores
Super Contributor
OK..I drive a Honda CRV, my fishing car is a nighteen footsack 1300 Mazda, and my wifes car is Volva XC60. I know that Mark (a petrohead) had about 4-5 vechiles including some vintage models, one had a vibrating seat. I think that a chick called Brazen on the forum many moons ago had a Ferrari. For fun and to get to know eachother what car do you drive.
0 Kudos
87 REPLIES 87
stores
Super Contributor
Sorry about ISA on the heading....Simon Brown...I would love to know what car you drive...(I bet it is a Land Rover??) LOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Think Maggie had the Ferrari ... shame ... remember she had a hard time with Simmers
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
Opel Astra 2002 model and it got stuck today. want to donate?
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol beat this...a Kia K2700 2003 model...ugliest thing on the road! makes me money tho :-)
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Merc C200 its my second one. Used to have a Mazda Etude loved it like mad until my employees crashed it: Sanlam told me its a write off still mourning 4 years later.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
CLK55 Which I will lose a packet on. Didn't even like the thing Never again! Last in a procession of AMG nonsense. Getting something sensible like an IS250 LEXUS. Never bought a new car. All demo's ex trade contacts and a couple of used cars.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
how much do you pay per month on the clk if you dont mind me asking?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I don't finance cars - they are junk. You must never finance a non-or-even-negative asset. Unless you have to...
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
mine is an asset to me so its not too bad....but i sometimes fail to understand (unless the person jus doesnt know what to do with the money) someone can spend over a million bucks on a car...yes u get those vintage guys, but spending that to drive to and from the office or for a sunday afternoon jus doesnt seem to make sense to me...maybe someone can clarify..
0 Kudos
Invinsible
Contributor
I cant agree more cars are junk, just settled my mazda 3. Have been stupid to have bought it while I had a sting that will take me from point A to B.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
For me it was a phase. I never liked cars all that much and always bought 330 level BMW's. My accounting blood wouldn't let me waste more. Then I went with a mate of mine to collect his new Merc and he spoke me into buying an AMG for "THE HELL OF IT!" Of course these things are just about unsaleable (at a decent price that is) so I got locked in. Upgraded twice, had endless trouble, lost lots of money, suffered disgraceful service. That's the story of all I gained from buying these things.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Honda civic sedan 2007, will likely upgrade to the new civic in around 2019 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BMW X3 - awesome car. X5 would have been nicer - but just a waste of money IMO. And Threshold, cars are not an asset - it's an expense, pure and simple - and since I don't like my capital tied up in a negative asset - as you pointed out - I always finance. Not necessarily the soundest financially - but financial accounting is not always about rands and cents, but also about ways to manage finances. Sometimes you have to pay a bit more to keep your mind clear and also your capital protected.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
wow.SB in a civic. you look more like a 4X4 kinda guy. wonder what Chartist drives a Unimog maybe, lol.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You do NOT! finance negative assets. It is financially destructive especially at SA interest rates; AND it is counter-intuitive. Nobody can build a case to the contrary. If you use your car to get to work - then it is an asset, if you require a certain level of "s*****" (no company wants its management/executive level staff puttering about in a 1990 Citigolf,) then it is a necessary asset to hold your position. Otherwise it is a choice you make because you want it and are willing to PAY. Financial sense, SKAAPTJOP, is about, financial cents. FULLSTOP!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tis a lumpa metal that gets me around .. never got the car fad, an where would I use a 4x4 ?? when in the bush somebody else always has one ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Old VW Jetta. I've only bought 2nd-hand cars cash and I refuse to get on the expensive-car bandwagon until their cost is only a minor irritation to me.
0 Kudos