Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lets have some fun and get to know eachother

Not applicable
damn, here's me thinking you were Peter Major, the famous mining analyst
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
Stores, thanks for talking to me, unfortunately you may have got my email wrong as nothing came today. The correct email again - [email protected]. Pls resend...am off to Sweden next week for couple of months though...to see family (am swedish and go back home every year for some time) and to work.
0 Kudos
Qumba
Regular Visitor
I never posted a comment before but read the forum. I am new in the investment/trading business, trying to manage my own money. I do not think this is a quick way to get rich, but maybe I will be able to go on pension one day.
0 Kudos
geordie47
Occasional Contributor
Came here from UK in 1981 and love it.Enjoy reading the forum and learning from comments. Retired workshop manager , now filling in my time with small plant hire.Started investing again 2 years ago and learning everyday.
0 Kudos
Josy
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Ah ok... we have lots of forum members close to us it seems...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi. Will add to the list...
Long story short, use to be into IT/Programming (still am), went over into the corporate world. Worked for some multinationals in group finance division, decided corporate life isnt for me.
Started a small investors club in 2008 which I did part time, eventually quit (the corp world) to do fulltime trading. Now I run a small hedge fund, where I backtest things and try to understand every part of the market, Ive done fundamental analysis (like DCFs), economics and I backtest systems with my programming background.

Ive seen it all by now, many traders come and go, understanding how everyone trades...funny thing is what most ppl believe about the market is as accurate as believing a lucky sock made you win a match.

I only fund on indexes globally, mostly ALSI atm but that will change by next year. If I can give 1 tip though, stay away from the ALSI futures unless you are a very experienced trader, seen to many blow up on it by now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on systems, 1 of the best systems Ive seen (looking at various angles) was punted here by skaaptjop....wonder how many forumites took notice of it?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh, and thanks @ stores, for the compliment...didnt really think anybody was taking note of anything. :)
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Nope... and the other Major is slipping down the analyst ranking last time I looked!
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
geoerdie 47-also came here in 1981 and still loving it came for 4 years on contract.beers were cheap and ladies didnt understand me cause of my accent>made a few friends played some rugby and invested for independence-its been a great ride
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Was that the one using the RSI on 15,125 and 360 days IIRC? I also liked that one, simplest is best.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nope, simpler than that...think it was called 3 strikes.
Go long somewhere during the day, buy support with a 50pt stop loss and a have a minimum of 150pt target. 3 attempts max.
No shorts.

The 3 attempts limit stops you from going long the whole day on a down trending day.
Using a similar system (couldnt believe this) but its possible to have made 10,000pt on the ALSI that year with a longs only system in 2008!
0 Kudos
geordie47
Occasional Contributor
@geordielad.also like a beer or two but not the Newcastle brown ale.Have you lost the Geordie accent? My email address is [email protected] for more info.Now living in Kempton Park.
0 Kudos
geordie47
Occasional Contributor
@geordielad.also like a beer or two but not the Newcastle brown ale.Have you lost the Geordie accent? My email address is [email protected] for more info.Now living in Kempton Park.
0 Kudos
zn
Contributor
Been investing since 2002, went on line when the platform was launched, Gave up my career of 16 years in the Hospitality industry, now trying the property industry, am now a Real Estate agent at Keller Williams at Zimbali, a bit scary now in the initial stages. But love the advice I get from this forum, thank you guys.
0 Kudos
zn
Contributor
Been investing since 2002, went on line when the platform was launched, Gave up my career of 16 years in the Hospitality industry, now trying the property industry, am now a Real Estate agent at Keller Williams at Zimbali, a bit scary now in the initial stages. But love the advice I get from this forum, thank you guys.
0 Kudos