Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lets have some fun and get to know eachother

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Preston's comment made me remember, another thing i like to do is to discuss Long term investing vs Short term trading :)
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
I can't be the only chick here >60. Started banking with Standard's Best online banking before many of you were born. Natural progression was online trading as a newby when it started after being burnt by "advisors" Have learnt lots from this forum and stock pick much on my female intuition & reading. Travel much. About to semi-retire from my own business to travel more.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@Ram,She may need someone to carry her bags.
0 Kudos
Mr_trader_1509
New Contributor
I am currently studying for my board exam , also a budding CA
0 Kudos
Josy
New Contributor
I am a single lady in my early 30's. Live in a town near Cape Town. Started trading recently and trying to educate myself in technical patterns
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
When you say "in a town near CPT", which town is that exactly?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
When you say "in a town near CPT", which town is that exactly?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Chopper pilot = very cool... when you are in somerset west we should have a drink or so and chat sometime... always cool to make new investor friends!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wannabe surfer .. professional wine drinker .. JHB/DBN/CPT/JOL ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Using King 3 as your background. Do you believe that the Directors of Pinnacle was correct in its judgement not to inform the market abt the Director Dealing?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@ simon ,you joined the party rather late?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I wonder what the % is, of forumites who reply to posts against those that have accounts and choose not to?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think there are many that has never made a post before.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
47 ex financial manager now in the world of SAP systems. Tech analysis my interest, mostly investing to date. Would like to see discussions on chart patterns and trend analysis and how it has worked (or not for that matter). Also like to speak to the not so serious.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Chopchop
Contributor
Sounds good, I should be back mid July so I'll get hold of you then. Golf and beer are my 2 other interests so if you into either I'm keen
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am not a golfer but I am sure the beer will work out!
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
45 MWM living in Jozi, working in minerals exploration. This means extensive travel - i'm about to do my 4th round the world trip this year on top of bi-monthly return trips to Europe. Been on the SB trading platform since the late '90's (who else remembers the cozy get togethers in Sandton with Graham Korner??). Tried to trade, but am hopeless at it, so stick to long term investing. Have tried to consistently beat the market, but now appreciate just how hard that is... so most money is in low cost index trackers, or with folk like Orbis who have the capacity and track record - the money here is for fun.
0 Kudos
Intaba
New Contributor
Hi there Stores. I'm 36, living in Cape Town and never posted a comment before but read the forum. I run my own travel business (inbound stuff) and also promote volunteer and township tourism. I haven't ever posted as few rather clueless about investing although greatly enjoy the topic. I took Simon's advice in 2008 ish to invest in my financial education hence I opened an OST account. I was broke and unemployed in 2004 so when I started to make money later, decided it was important to invest for the future. I'm also passionate about helping South Africans who have no plan for their financial future. Thanks everyone to the learning that goes on in this forum.
0 Kudos