Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Liberty Wealth Advisor

Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Is it only the liberty's of this world that hide behind fees. According to this sites news, Zeder results show 20 odd million of fees (simplified), to be paid in share allocation as there's not enough profit, 10m. PSG's guys really do know how to make money. For themselves. Watch the Ruperts too.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I've been taken for a ride by two financial advisors when I was unexperienced and naive. Here is what they said and I fell for both: Advisor 1: "The rand is at R13 to the dollar - it will only get worse. Now is the time to take your money offshore", Advisor 2: "Your life insurance, dreaded disease, income protector, etc, etc are almost fine. Let's get it on par - we can fix your retirement later". To me, financial advisors are the scum of the earth. I guess some of them are honestly good guys - but I cannot tell the difference. I do all my research and planning myself now. You don't need to be a super-guru. Just a bit of common sense and elementary math.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Remember that only 90% of the advisers give the honest guys a bad name.
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Further to my earlier comments, it saddens me to know that so many people believe financial advisors are the scum of the earth. Some of us have worked honestly in the industry to make a difference in peoples lives. Jason your comments have obviously not been well received by the forum and have stirred up negative emotions regarding the industry. Remember that perception is reality and you have compounded the problem by your thoughtless approach.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Awwww shucks, and here I was hoping to get into a career in life insurance etc..... man this su..cks now I have to resort to strawberry farming again.....
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Gees Jason that did'nt go down too well with the forum.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hey Jason. Here in this forum criticism is good, because it challenges you. Guys here normal disagree - just ask Simon. "Simon buy Gold! - you the only one left behind"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and now for us to give you some advise, do yourself a favour and register for a few online social media marketing courses, your current tactic is destined to fail
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
see... if you called your self a door to door insurance salesman who profits from the sale of product that may not be best suited to my needs in any other way than to provided you with a great commision .. at least you are being honest and open and we can deal with that I may have been interested to hear what it is I dont want to buy... but a finacial advisor... what a crock of *****e!
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Jason,I trust you are young & "an inexperienced street fighter" and have made "a blue", and some of the above have let you know in no uncertain terms. Mistakes we have all made (including all your critics),but mistakes are part of the process of life that makes us a better person, on condition we learn from them. My advice to you is pick yourself up, dust yourself off, learn to walk first, then you'll see how easy it is to run.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Ja, ""You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take" - unknown
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Maybe Jason Beedle needs to respond to some of the queries. Maybe he can explain how he can add value over and above our own SFM OST accounts. If he could guarantee me 50% a year then he can have my account for certain.
0 Kudos
jasonbeedle
Occasional Contributor
I would like to thank you all, this was not so much as an AD it was a way in which I could gauge the perception of life insurance in the market place. Clearly it is not so good. I admit this is new to me so I have wanted to gauge the perception with investors. Market research if you will and the only way to get that is from intelligent people. In my opinion anyone with an OST account must have some perception of investments and such. All it takes is one person to start to change the perception of a doubter, then its a snowball effect but the unfortunate thing is that people would rather put something down than say how good it was. Take this example, you go to a restaurant and have a bad meal you will tell 10 people but if you go to another restaurant and have a good meal you will tell 5 people. That in my opinion is not only the sole reason why people have a bad perception of these products. There are sharks in this game as there are in any business. I am not a shark i will always do whats best for the client because I believe that you do a good job and you will be rewarded for it, the sharks in this business screw over the clients for a quick buck. We all know its not easy to make a quick buck.... Thank You All
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Hell Dude, you using us as lab rats is even worse, I feel like I've just been probed. Fail.
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
If you had wanted to do market research, you should have just said so. A lot of us would have taken part. Unfortunately, I don't believe you. Be a man, admit your mistake and give us the truth.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
O.K. now I understand, you are not a shark, you are a marketresearcher that pretends to be an insurance salesman.WOW, you get some and then you get some!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Jason, how long have you been in the Insurance sales /Fin. Advisor biz?
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
The sad truth is there are very few advisers out there that can do the job properly, those that can only advise HNI's or institutions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Every financial advisor works for his/her own pocket only. It is a business and if you, the customer come second best, tough luck. They do not care if you, when you go on pention, end up sleeping under a bridge. As long as they go their commissions! Go away.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
While we are on this subject - Here is a killer question and one that I feel should be taken to court. Can I sew my company for investing my pension funds so badly that I won't be able to retire? I can prove that I could have done a better job over a period of 20 years. Heng even if I started now I could still beat my pension fund. Can I sew them?
0 Kudos