Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Listed property stock - Question for Simon

Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
Simon, which listed property stock/s would you recommend as an investment
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
geordie1
Super Contributor
I am an avid fan of property stocks in general and have been a holder for decades.they have served me well with capital growth and generally and increasing "div" which in most cases is taxable in your hands_in other words it is treated like interest> there are some head winds-there is an oversupply of office space and it is likely to get worse in o recession or flat economy which appears to be the consensus for the immediate future there has been an argument that retail is also oversupplied-lots of new centres. interest rates are set to rise which should increase the cost of debt. having said that I will hold onto my investments but re above I am expecting flattish returns for the next few years-anything better will be a bonus. my randhedged property may well do better
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I go boring the ETF, PTXTEN, top ten in terms of market cap equal weighted within ETF
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos