Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lonely Investors club

Blik
Super Contributor
Hello Forumites. are there are any other (than me) traders / investors who are in or around the Grahamstown area, who would like to meet up at the (in)famous Rat And Parrot for a beer? Simon you crack the nod too - Simon beers and Jagerbombs are on me if you pitch! We feel rather lonely down south!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Hi Blik, I don't live in Grahamstown, but I do occassionally spend some time up there. Give me your email address and I'll drop you a line next time I'm around Gtown.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
[email protected] - anyone around Grahamstown give me a shout. The beer is always good at the Rat!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Your'e just a bit late mate! Lived in PE and went to G'town once a week. Moved to Toronto about a month ago!! Have a cold one for me at the Rat...quite a colourfull joint!
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Old Rhodian myself - I think the Rat and Pack now is the same as the old Vic in my day - back in the early 80's !
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Chas I have fond memories of the Vic - well those that I can remember at least. Alas no more. But then as a "mature citizen" I shouldnt be sleeping under bar tables anymore.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Happiest days of my life that's for sure! Went to the festival last year very - nostalgic stayed in res again,got drunk again......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also have fond memories of the valley. The highest alcohol consumption period of my life.
0 Kudos