Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Long Instalment Club Update.

barry_1
Super Contributor
I have just updated the long instalment list.These instalments are on the most popular shares and I shall try to keep them to a year period.It must be noted that the shorter term INSTALMENTS coming up to their dividend payments ,far out perform the longer period hold all the time variety.i.e.. Most of the underlying shares do very well in the last four months before payout...This time you will see the best performer under the long term INSTALMENTS is BAT(BTI) Go to page 7 for the long term instalment list on sashares2010.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
barry_1
Super Contributor
p.s.Naomi says,every one must do as they please,but if she held any TOPSKU se would swallow her pride and get out at the market price and not hold out for one cent more!Once in the past she held at 19 cents and has never forgotten how it barried and then as it is a knock out lost everything!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Thanks for the info Barry.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Dear Barry, please tell Naomi I have accepted her advice... was waiting for 90 to hit the ten' but can live with 88. It is sage advice.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Oh sorry, mine was a skf.. still sage advice...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
TOPSKF and TOPSKG are CALLS and they might both run up some more,who knows....On the other hand TOPSKU is a PUT (FOR THOSE WANTING TO GO SHORT)....remarkable how many trades both yesterday and today.I can not understand their thinking at all.It seems to happen every time a PUT is in its dying days.Ladies and Gentlemen step up to the roulette wheel and place your bets!
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
What has happened to DB TOP PR W?? When will be paid out and at how much?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Ring Deutche Bank and ask them.We don't cover any warrants outside Standard Bank.It is possible that it hit the barrier,then it might be worth zero Rand?
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Barry, im new to this warrant trading, do u think SB BIL CG is a good buy.. please explain to me how it works??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
TOPDWR has barried .. expired with zero vvalue ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
In all fairness TO YOU, absolutely not!.In my honest opinion you know too little to trade warrants.Have you tried shares?They might be worth your while.I hope you don't only have a derivitive account,if so ask ONLINE SHARE TRADING for an ordinary account on which you can trade warrants as well.It is imperitive that you attend a warrant course.Also see warrants under HELP AND EDUCATION,do the online caouse as well. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I missed something. What are you saying? Yes the put's are wrong in a bull market, but that is old news. Will the call's run some more? That is the question.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi,here is a purely thumbsuck reply....Last week the Rand was over 7.05 to the Dollar.As it firmed to around 6.94 the index warrant firmed by about 7 cents.As the Rand firms further to the Dollar the index warrants are likely to advance at least on a par with this previous performance....Now on the negative side this makes it more difficult to sell our resource out put.How ever if the resource prices such as gold and platinum increase at the same time then they are likely to also push the index up further....underlying all this is the American Dollar which has to weaken as their central bank just prints billions of dollars so devaluing their currency further.ONLY MY OPINION ,BUT probably hworth hanging in there till chart starts giving signals of totally overbought.
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Barry, Thanx for your reply. I have had a look at the online warrant course. Perhaps a course in it would be beneficial for my starting out as the online course is way too basic. I assumed that since the above warrant was an american call, it would increase when billiton increased... However way too many other issues involved.. I think i should stick to shares for now.(Im decent at that). Any suggestions on which warrants to track for now?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I'm glad that is your attitude.Set up your own watch list of warrants with the tracker feature that you might buy and then see how well you would have done.Also follow Naomi's Stochastic Analysis on 2010plustocktrends.blogspot.com to give you an idea what to lok out on the Standardbank charts.
0 Kudos