Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Long on PPC

sk_1
Super Contributor
Anybody out there recon it's time to go long on PPC at this level or will there be more downside?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
wouldnt be long on anything just yet until a little stability returns.However ppc is a decent share,but would like to see it break R48 on decent volume before jumping in.OMO
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Sold my installments few days back, I do not get good signals on this one for a re-entry now.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja, I go along with your view.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
me neither.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Still holding my PPCSTA as it is five days to the roll over.Please put your next comment under PPC as it makes it easier to follow the thread.I 'll be keeping the PPCSTB till after LDT and i'll then receive the good div as well as any capital growth.I see that they are now put as a BUY.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Agree,Why sell now when you could potentially get largre Div yield .I am in same situation as Barry on this one.One more thing,do u think Share instalments should get bought and sold when see opportunities to get rid of effects of (time decay)interest or possible to hold on as like 5+ year investments.Would the interest not kill in the end
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
In installments we pay only part of the normal share price,the other in theory will be payed on expirary when we buy the whole share(this never has to happen)For this service SBK charges come to about one percent per month.. .U R right ,moving in and out is expensive,of course u can just hold permanently and still IMO make good money.It's just part of my stratergy to try to "sweat" the money and hold an installment from about three months before the Final Div till after LDT date as i find it almost always pays me better than just holding permanently as during this time usually at this time about 50% OF THE CAPITAL GAIN TAKES PLACE.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
barry where do you see that x company is announcing divi and when do you get in after the results are announced or before??
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm also long on PPC from a while back, I'm just not convinced that today or yesterday would be the day for a new entry as the signals I use are not yet confirming minimal dowside risk. I'd look again on Tuesday.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
if buying STA ,u should get more STB as the the lower price of STB for the same money can result in more installments,although u are cutting it fine as each instalment will be paying the same div as each share.OMO.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
if buying STA ,u should get more STB as the the lower price of STB for the same money can result in more installments,although u are cutting it fine as each instalment will be paying the same div as each share.OMO.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i have a large cap watch list and do much research before buying.to find out about the declaration date i usually go to Company Profiles/Find by company....Then they give u the approx. Declaration date of the final/interim.Then go to Dividend history and see how long after the LDT was in the previous year.Companies rarely change their methods unless they have changed their year end and then u know roughly when they will pay in the present year.This is the method for longer than three months of course. For shorter periods fo to Next results due under same section...regards.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Back into STA; has the highest gearing of the 3.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looking to also get in.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Hey Barry, I see that the LDT is only 27th December and div gets paid out in January. From your post you perhaps read it as 27 November? I think this market may tank a bit more before then and take PPC down with it. Perhaps get a better entry price?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I said there is only one day left to the ROLLOVER of PPCSTA, as far as the LDT goes i never stated a day,yes i know its on my birthday in Dec. as it is every year.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Hokkay, indeed you did say that - read the post too quickly!
0 Kudos