Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Long term stocks

Supa
Contributor
Hi, I'm looking to dump some benjamins into some stocks that'll perform well in the next 2 - 5 years. You guys got any ideas? Preferably some varied stocks across a coupla sectors. I was thinking MSM, MTN, PPC, SPP, WHL, TBS, NPN, FSR and MPC? Thanks.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
DST
Super Contributor
7 trade in RSA, 2 partially external (MTN & NPN). Is that the bias you want in this portfolio, or have you got enough exposure to non-RSA growth through other parts of your asset mix?
0 Kudos
Supa
Contributor
Not really DST, what do you reccomend that has foreign exposure? I was looking at DBX Trackers but I'm not sure that those will return higher than our inflation rate? I'm open to any suggestions, and I don't mind a bit of risk if the growth / earnings potential is worth it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Long term I would have a serious and looong look at SOL....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Buy winners sell losers.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Long term... I would include Remgro and Liberty International... Remgro very diversified and Lib gives you a nice rand hedge. Throw in a few speculative growth shares like MTX, MRF and CAE maybe.
0 Kudos
pickle
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pioneer Foods are going to list. Everyone has to eat. :)
0 Kudos
Starsky
Frequent Contributor
Can food producers pass on the high costs to the retailers ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why no resource stocks?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Princess Leia...
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
WHL and MPC is currently still in a bear trend. There are signs that the bottom is close, but I would not go long until there is a break out of the bear trend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good question Simon!
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
They are talking about this International food crisis on the radio etc. Would this influence us? Would this shortage be good or bad for ie. Pioneer food's price?
0 Kudos
Supa
Contributor
Simon, AGL and BIL are already on my list. It's the others I can't decide between. Btw, good course on Saturday.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Caught Dr Roffey's Show last night on Summit. If one had to go by his train of thought the only place in the market is basically Resource Stocks. Many of the other Stocks mentioned by Clive are all topping out according to his Relative Strength Charts.
0 Kudos