Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lonmin

Sukkel
Occasional Contributor
Got some very solid info on lonmin, price prediction of R65 by Sept2016, and thats at the current Plat price of about R960. If plat does however go towards R1200 like predictions that fig could go above R150 . Im stocking up from monday, by this time next year i might be retired...haha
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Or a car guard.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Solid info ?? Lonmin is cash strapped. Their empowerment partner dumped them. A speculative frenzy followed, and now you want to buy ?? A little too late if you ask me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lets see. Cash costs per ounce, including financing, is around R1450 per ounce. Lonmin seems to sell at around a 20% discount to the spot price of Platinum, so current average price per plat ounce is roughly R1200 odd. So not cash positive at all. Now for the bad news - it is strike season coming again soon as all labour agreements have basically expired, as I understand the analyst reports.
0 Kudos