Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Looking at our allshare and the FTSE there is a remarkable similarity

Not applicable
When FTSE does a little up so does ours at present 11.10am Wed See FTSE at http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^FTSE&t=1d&c= and our allshare. Why is there such a similarity? Even small kinks are followed sometimes
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Coz we still a British colony. Didn't you know that!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like I spoke to soon, but sometimes the little kinks are followed by us
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And FTSE follows the U.S. futures very closely, so we're all following index futures in America, which are just guessing at what their market will do when it opens.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an at this time of the day thew only person trading US futures is some 13 year old kid in Ohio .. go figure ..
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
The ALSI futures have been tracking the EUR/USD spot price intraday exactly for a few days now. Looks like the Euro busy breaking up out of a wedge pattern - ALSI following. Let's see how this goes...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
We just need his/her phone number and we can play a heck of a joke on the market. Fat finger here we come!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i just hope it's a fatfinger to the upside this time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cause i think everyone is very tired of hearing about the European crises - let's concentrate on the positives of the world cup feva instead.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
And there she goes - Nearly at 1.20 for the first time in days. ALSI futures close behind! Nope, as I type just touched over 1.20...
0 Kudos