Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Looking attractive at these prices

indium
Contributor
Directors have hedged out more than R250m worth of Ellies over last 5 months at between 9.50-10.50 up to 2015 close out. I think it would give me much more confidence if they were buyers ? Given that share touched these levels in last 2 months, I have to ask whether earnings growth is sustainable or are the directors cashing in ? Next earnings update will be ok, but I need to see evidence that it can keep growing, directors actions concern me.
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
Directors have hedged out more than R250m worth of Ellies over last 5 months at between 9.50-10.50 up to 2015 close out date. I think it would give me much more confidence if they were buyers ? Given that share touched these levels in last 2 months, I have to ask whether earnings growth is sustainable or are the directors cashing in ? Next earnings update will be ok, but I need to see evidence that it can keep growing, directors actions concern me.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Sold half my holding today. Will watch the close today for a sell trigger on the rest.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why not the "Stop loss - Close below 792c levels" plan ??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
hey Simon, welcome back from your Summer Holidays. Been looking at your Lazy System...busy changing it...making it more lazy by using just 2 moving averages
0 Kudos
stefanb
Contributor
I cannot see any reason to justify this sell off, I am a buyer at these levels. I think after the trading statement we will definitely see some upside.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
coolness, you making the 30/60 into a single MA ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga,you get out of a share after been knocked out 10 percent,what kind of strategy you using i wonder!you let your emotions take control buddy,you not being realistic,you set a stop loss yet you still talking about the same share indicating you still in,the reason you bought was because you were expecting some good results to be released this week..the question is what if the results are not good at all?what then?Buddy almost all the analysts towards the end of last year were screaming,shouting resources are mega oversold..i suppose you know what happened to resources since then..you cannot and i stress cannot only look at technicals look also at fundamentals as well..after all this systems are complimentary...in simple terms this share is oversold but being dragged down by the market,for how long,no 1 knows...john maynard k"the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oi @Joyous there be a can of worms you just kicked out into the forum .. certainly one can engage the market with fundamentals or technicals or any combination or both or neither ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Or you can just listen to RAMS and lose all your hard earned money
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I also give myself a little bit of slack on speculative shares like this one. 10% is not cast in stone on shares like these (note my stop loss AREA on the previously posted chart). But saying that, I was stopped out. This was a good trade though. I live to trade another day. We've gone through a few nasty trading days.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
I also took a speculative nibble at this share and got stopped out pretty quick.Taking a dart now and then not such a bad idea, nonetheless will be interesting to see whether last qtr 2012 resistance becomes support at 715. The worry is yesterdays gap.Does the market know something we don't?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There are just a few very inflated ego's on this forum... maybe that's a pre-requisite for day trading. Above all, each person has to make own decisions (and stick to them) based on their risk tolerance / emotions (fear and greed) and time horizon. I'm still working on all of these. P.S. I do enjoy the forum.... ego's and all :)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Have a look at the bond market and its yields, therein you will find your answer.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Just the good old 7/21.....and trigger will be price around the 7 if long and the 21 if short
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Odd response to a good trading statement. Buy opportunity perhaps ?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Trading statement is good. WHL has the same response when its trading statement came out.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Sure, but with a PE of 22 + with WHL you have created some expectaion. What is the expectation with Ellies ? It's trading at a PE of below 11. This result will push that PE to under 10.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Just added 4300 Eli's to my current position . Average Cost R8,01. My prediction Ellies will close between 2-3% down today.
0 Kudos