Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Looking attractive at these prices

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
buy the rumour (which was what everybody here as doing) .. sell the fact ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an some folk saying that they was looking for much more than a modest 30%
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@ Simon and Kwagga. where PE ratio is reduced because of higher EPS or HEPS, that is actually positive. Every investor is attracted to a company that shows growth. Growth is higher than the current PE ratio which will result in a higher share price barr
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So who bought the rumour, cause all I see is a share 22% down in the last 5 weeks. These are weak sellers at best.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My opinion is that this share will trade above R9 shortly, except in the event of another global sell off. Trading statements like these are becoming few and far in between.omo
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I agree with your previous post about weak sellers.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
growth stocks? now who said identify them by looking at 3 fundamentals: high PE, LOW DY% and PEG < 1...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
growth stocks? now who said identify them by looking at 3 fundamentals: high PE, LOW DY% and PEG < 1...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
okay, i will take the bait, who??
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
While the results might seem good on the surface. Like Simon said, it missed expectations. so we have to ask, were they indeed good results?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, this was a trade based on chart patterns...entry, stop loss and targets given, so where or what irrelevant, it was still a good trade...and, i should add, when the traders stops were hit, they sold to the investors and when more investors come in and short traders cover short, their will be another opportunity for the trader who will see all of this in the chart and as long as you trading well, you will make up hopefully three(3X) your loss...thats the essence of trading....
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Now , you are behaving like a politician.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, why are you confusing the behaviour patterns between traders and investors?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the chart does not know the difference between investors and traders...
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
Here is the problem: 2011 Interim Earnings 15.12c, 2011 Final Earnings 16.3c, 2012 Interim 20.98c, 2012 Final 33.47c, 2013 Interim 42.46c, 2013 final (assuming 35% growth) 19.1c. 2013 second 6 months earnings has droped 43% from 2012 second 6 months earnings. Assuming last 6 months run rate of earnings i.e. 19.1c is annualised that gives 38.2c full year earnings for 2014 on new run rate at PE of 12 = share price of 458c. Basically last 6 months earnings is similiar to earnings at end of 2011 / beginning 2012. The earnings have basically halved in last 6 months. I have sold my position this morning.
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
Correct Calc attached - Here is the problem: 2011 Interim Earnings 15.12c, 2011 Final Earnings 16.3c, 2012 Interim 20.98c, 2012 Final 33.47c, 2013 Interim 42.46c, 2013 final (assuming 35% growth) 31.1c. 2013 second 6 months earnings has droped 6% from 2012 second 6 months earnings. Assuming last 6 months run rate of earnings i.e. 31.1c is annualised that gives 62.2c full year earnings for 2014 on new run rate at PE of 12 = share price of 746c. Basically last 6 months earnings is similiar to earnings at end of 2012. The earnings have basically droped 26% in last 6 months. I have sold my position this morning
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
why are your using rolling growth?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
why are you using rolling growth?
0 Kudos