Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Looking for a risky share?

Adam_Lewison
Occasional Contributor
Hi i am 13 years old and am new to investing. I have a good amount of money that i am looking to invest, but in which share i am still clueless, the name Anglo American has come up a few times, but i am looking for something less developed and with more risk and more reward.. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
DR_1
Super Contributor
at 13.....and U have a trading account ???
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Sounds like you need to get to know that market first. Dont rush into buying shares.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Great to see someone as young as you wanting to invest. I repeat INVEST, and not trade. My advice is try and accumulate good shares in multiples of at least R10000 and preferably dividend paying ones. One thing a learnt from my late father is that "a bucket does get full under a leaking tap", so patience is what is required, when your goal is wealth creation. Another thing remember God gave you two ears but only one tongue so listen to what older folks have to say, sleep on it, then make your own decision.Good luck.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Great advice Prancing Horse.
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
life healthcare or pinnacle
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
thanks...got it, got it, got it, got it
0 Kudos
Adam_Lewison
Occasional Contributor
Thank you for all your advice and help...
0 Kudos
InvestOne
Contributor
Just curious; but are you really 13 years old??
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Of course not - 13 y olds do not write properly, more like: "Hi i m 10+3 yrs am nw to invst have lotsa dough i m to squander which i am dumb the name A A surfcd i want more playground with risk reward.. tune me!"
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
either born 29th Feb or numeral dyslexia
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
When I was 13 I got just enough pocket money to buy a few sweets-not quite enough to invest in the stock market!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
of course he could be 13, he's just like all of you .. I started my first business when I was 5 sold half of it at 6 and started on the JSE at 12 .. albeit I only bough my first shares a few weeks before I turned 18 - which also happened to be the week before the crash of 87 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've heard of 13 y/olds with shares, I've just never heard of a 13 y/o who uses ",", "." and words like "developed" and "risk and reward".
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
My old man bought me 200 Iscor shares, for R 200.00 in about 1987 I guess - I was about 13 years old. I remember the share certificate I got. I then sold them about 3 or 4 years later for about R 300.00 or something like that.
0 Kudos