Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Looks

Brazen
Super Contributor
Like it wants to test that 170 low again. Support on the weekly about 176 for those feeling up to it. Which might well be me.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
barry_1
Super Contributor
Brazen,probablty will go up weakly....Yes up to now AGL presented a good part of our index,how ever the products prices it represents have all taken a whack and continue down with no seeming end in sight....Platinum in the past was a good indicator,but added to its specific troubles is that new methods are being persued to thrift its use.EG Mazda/Ford is soon to go into production with a different catylitic converter....I wonder if Simon PB can tell us is BTI back in the index?....The future of the index is slowly being transformed and industrials are likely to form the main base.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I bought a few this morning, 178. for the dowry portfolio
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
As a newcomer and mostly losing small amounts on SFF's to date, I notice that AGL's March future is trading BELOW the ruling price whereas the SSF normal has a premium to it. Is this indicative of a really really bearish feeling on a share? I picked up one contract at 17900 at ruling 18300 and already down R500. Stoploss time here I come or nerves of steel for a turnaround (and perhaps another few at lower price later)?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Did you buy at market or did you put in a limit price?
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
At market
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you buy at market, it takes the lowest available offer. If you look at the share price offers on the page where you buy/sell shares or SSF, you will see the lowest 4 or 5 offers for that share. Sometimes there is quite a difference between the 5 offers. Now what can happen, is between the time that you refreshed last, and the time it takes you to enter your trade, the lowest priced offers could have been bought or cancelled. So you then buy at for example the highest of the 5 offers, or maybe higher, because you bought it at market, without a limit. It sometime happens for a few seconds before the offers drop nearer the last traded price, so you can be unlucky and get it at a high price. I don't say that is what happened, but it is a possibility.
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
But then I suppose I got lucky being bullish and getting the SSF at a discount vs ruling price?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Nice little run. Looking to take profit quickly on my SSF - you buy shares john, or trading? Wonder if it's gonna make 202.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
shares...for the little ones dowry.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
If she's inherited your model looks you won't need to bribe anyone to marry her ;). . . .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
This be true...but looks fade, and when they do best you have a bit in the bank, bottox can be expensive.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! And I've just sold - 6% is my target at the moment and AGL hit that. Woolies grocery money.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nicley done, Its been a looong time since you and I have been on the same boat.. brings back memories of happy days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
aahh... how fondly I remember that boat ;p Seems like the seats get filled pretty quickly though.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
These days the only boat about is usually life raft..
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Tried to breach that 170 level. Anyone thinking of going long?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Absolutely platsak, as close to 170 as possible with a tight stop. And, need I say, limited exposure.
0 Kudos
etrader
Contributor
it bounced of support on friday any views from here.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And like clockwork it turns at 202. Developing such a nice, predictable range between 170 and 202.
0 Kudos