Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lottery for losers

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
I share his view maybe on the coffee and restaurant, but investing the ticket money is not taking into the account that you could actually win! Personally, I don't play the lottery, I am of the opinion that if you are relying on a 1 in 50million chance event to make a change in your life, then ...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
He really had to increase the number of tickets per draw otherwise the whopping amount wasn't going to be so whopping. The adrenalin that u get from playing the lotto may just have more positive psychological effects and be worth paying the petty cash!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wiz ?? you get adrenalin from playing the lotto ?? you gotta get out more .. try bungee jumping ..
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
The Lotto is for the mathematically challenged...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What Rob doesn't take into account are the bank charges on depositing the R3.50 twice a week...imagine compounding that!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon works for SBSA - that's what he's playing for!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not buying a lotto ticket. I am buying "hope"! Every draw I buy 1 single quick pick with the hope that I could win and that would change my life. If I don't win, I hope that the funds would end up in the pocket of some charity somewhere. This second part I can not confirm but I believe it is in the hands of some higher power so I don't worry about it. The first part, well, if you are not in it, you can't win it, and working for it is the biggest lot of bullshise ever sold to the public. After 35 years I can confirm that working for a living will not make you rich unless you are the owner or director of the business. So I buy 1 and only 1 quick pick ticket and then I hope and dream. It creates a feel-good feeling. Just imagine winning a mil or two!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
lottery is for losers , try and sell that theory to the winners.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Every time you don't play the lottery you are a winner.
0 Kudos