Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lowe

sponono
Super Contributor
Saw a fellow on Summit the other day when IMP was trading at the R160-170 mark, he was close to tears trying to explain why this stock is a buy, lol.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
superstar
Regular Contributor
I am pretty certain he is close to tears trying to understand where did he go wrong. And I can say if you move against the market you must have b@lls of Warren Buffet
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
The thing really is, that IMP is probabely the best of the plat shares, Zim is still an issue, but the chances is probabely much bigger that IMP will eventually increase past the R 160-R 170 level rather than decrease substaincially further, now isn't that a buy....if you are an investor ?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I'll buy it above R180. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Or at 115?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
and sell at R90. No thanks.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
I disagree...compare platinium with gold, platinium is used in cars, gold is used for weddings in Asia or as a fear currency, yet gold is more expensive that platium ? The world economy will recover, more cars will be sold, look at the American market for instance, furthermore most platinium comes from Southern Africa where we have got contraints on production such as electricity, labour, politics. So when demand increase from overseas the platinium producers will simply increase the price, they will become the price makers.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Agreed. The time to TRADE platinum stocks on the long side will come but I think that time is not now. They need to make higher highs before I get interested otherwise no interest.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
All of the long-term trends are negative for platinum. We are moving AwaY from petrol combustion petrol engines. In fact - we are moving away from private transport in many ways - so what is the long term prognosis for platinum? As far as the m iners go - the cost of exraction and processing is stupendous; the industry inflation profile is hair-raising. Gold, on the other hand - love it or hate it, serves an enduring role in establishing a peg for currency. Comparisons are odious. It is this very "arbitrariness" of gold's nature that insulates it from the demand cycle for commodities in the long-run.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
From what I understand there is 2 years + platinum surplus on the market. They talking of 9000 job losses in reduced production and a few years to wipe that surplus. Suffice to say, platinum is going nowhere in the next two to three years.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
R 141
0 Kudos