Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lucky me

Brazen
Super Contributor
Just got an email from SARS wanting to give me a refund. All I have to do is click on the link and type in my banking details and pin code and viola. Gee, I wonder why they needed my pin code?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
LOL! Next question - did you pay anything to SARS the past year?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Just enough, Mammon, just enough. No refunds for me.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Pretty good phishing site tho. Very convincing looking SARS page. And the amount was good too - R188.50 refund. Not so much so as to look suspicious.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I've had a request to send the same details to claim inheritance from a rich person who has the same name as me. But they can't tell me my name because these details are sensitive at this stage.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
You guys are small fry - I just won 600,000 pounds - sterling!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
I never knew you had a viola - which orchestra do you play in?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I won that so many times i can't even count. I am a billionaire, mind in pounds. ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone here ever won something of real value? At the company where I work, 4 out of the +-50 people have won cars over the last couple of years.
0 Kudos
ms_moneybags
Contributor
i have just received a letter from sars saying that i owe them 4700.00 from late payment of vat in january.vat is due on the 25th of the month.i did an internet transfer on 23 rd january.they claim this was a late payment.!!!My question is why do they wait 6 months to inform you .Is it to accrue more interest and penalties..Smacks of bad taste.Anyone else have a comment on this
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Brazen baby give just give me the details I want, I won't take much, just enough to pay for my reconstructive surgery!
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
two things in life are certain ....death and taxes... it is how you minimize the impact that is the key..creative accounting.
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
I also had a problem like that a while back , They are taking a chance. Just take them on , if you have got proof they will back down. It worked for me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wahooooo! 1 000 000.00 GBP's awarded to me from Tobacco 2009
0 Kudos