Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MPC

binformed
Occasional Contributor
I'm showing a 19% profit in a short time. SB in house say sell and Quotes (several analyst) say hold. any thoughts
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
klapka
Super Contributor
Yes, I think it is better to enter the share code so that any gems of wisdom that transpire are not soon lost. OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You have to have your own opinion and strategy. SB and analysts have opinions - that is all. And for every analyst with a sell opinion,there will be another who thinks it is a buy. The only thing that matters to you is your strategy - long medium or short term? Investment criteria? Trading strategy? Everything else is just noise
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I for one, have kept my BTI's long after the wizards at PSG advocated selling their positions. One man's meat is another's murder.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Hey Skaap, welcome back....you were missed last week...especially by Terra
0 Kudos
binformed
Occasional Contributor
hi ST, I'm a blougat - nothing to do with the blue bulls this year. I had to start buying somewhere and this is one i bought. I've technically made some money but where to now. if i look at a strategy i don't know why I bought them. i can't see MPC maintaining this performance in the long term. Maybe sell half ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you have to have a strategy - whether you invest or trade. Best advice I can give, is at least attend the OST courses. Or otherwise, start researching the strategies of the investment greats (Buffet, O Neal, etc). Form your own, and then exits and entries will be clear as day.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
binformed...your stage of trading is well described in "Trading in the Zone". binthere....once you get a strategy and learn technicals and fundamnentals and realise you made more money when you knew nothing, frustration sets in and the rest is us forumites on this site!
0 Kudos