Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MRF SENS

SNI
New Contributor
Hi, anyone know what is going on with this share, yesterday they released what seemed like a positive SENS announcement, and today the price slides to a low of 172c.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well the market did not think it was positive, expected more would seem to tbe the answer.
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Any comments on the free faal since sens announcement? Just seems to be dropping every single day since then. Now at R1.62, where to from here. Looking at RSI and Stochastic, looks incredibly oversold. Is there something else on the go.
0 Kudos
Daddy_Warbucks
Not applicable
I've spoken to two of my brokers and both seem to be of the same opinion that this is a R2.20 share!! Looking at the RSI and stochastic, it loks set for a great entry point. I think it's time to start nibbling!! Does anyone agree??
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Hey Daddy Warbucks, RSI and Stochastic both indicate oversold, and hence this share is starting to look very attractive. I see strong support at around R1.60, so a bounce back is expected. Results due out on the 2nd Sep, so watch the volumes pick up. R2.20 must be short term goal for this little gem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It used to be a Buy+.....BUT somehow this share does not appear anymore!!.....Results due in Sep....so expect a rapid recovery
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R'nt they due 2 Aug?
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Results due 2nd Aug, this is a gem. The whole market took a pounding today, down 3%, but hey presto, Mrf comes back flying, and only 0.6% down. Clearly she is a fighter and I do thin that once things settle down she is marching up towards atleast the 1.85 level. Rsi is way oversold and Stochastic confirms. Recent moves shows she wants to move much higher but negative sentiment in Alsi has slightly held her back.... Watch the next few days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Inet consensus forecast recommendation is a buy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja-nee rsults due aug not Sept (apologies)....Recommendation is now buy....no recmd from May 07....thus pool of new investors were not "buying" in....so MRF will now start climbing, but not as fast as before....due to it being downgraded from a "buy +" to a buy...but wait the results should be very, very good...so it will be upgraded to a buy+.....bargain at the moment...
0 Kudos
SNI
New Contributor
What makes you think the results will be "very very good". The reaction to the previous SENS (about expected results) was quite negative
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Correct, the price has dropped 20% since that SENS
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Mrf has simply been repriced on a risk basis. Clearly R1.50 is its support level, and I expect that over the next few days its share price will start moving up nicely. Their cautionary stated that their results were going to be very very good, the market just expected a little bit more. Results due on Thursday. And obviously the cooling off in international markets came at the wrong time, hitting most speculative shares hard, check out SIM.
0 Kudos