Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MRF down today why is that??????

ANDY26
Contributor
Why is MRF down today big time when all the other resource stocks are up quite a bit???? Anyone??
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
sens announcement - they shut down a bunch of furnaces. Share price dropped 10% in a matter of minutes afterwards
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
Did you see the SENS? its was long time coming...
0 Kudos
ANDY26
Contributor
Yes just got the sens so just lost a small bundle on ssf ,so is it to late ro sell or is a bounce imminent?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why is this price impacted so negatively. Surely this is a sign of good business as they are limiting various overhead expenditure, and they always have the option to re-open these operations when the market situation improves. As an investor this makes me more comfortable, and a 10% drop seems excessive
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
You guys got off easy imo, last time they announced they were shutting down 1 furnace the price dropped 10%. Good business maybe, but still means no turnovera and an obvious indication of the lack of demand.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Back to 100. Problably just short covering.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
up to 104c. A lot better there. surely previous market prices would've factored in lower demand so this should not be a shock
0 Kudos
Newtherapist
New Contributor
Yes, less turnover but better margins on the running furnaces and looks like might be a brief shutdown in light of $600 billion Chinese bailout plans.
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
they must be a bunch of clowns anouncing this on one of the best resourse days in a long time
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If MRF can't stay green on a resource run like today, what chance does it have on the next sell off. 100 used to be a strong support point, now I doubt it will hold
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
i will buy back @ 20-50 cents .i am very disapointed and have lost a small fortune.i sold my whole amount @99cents yesterday
0 Kudos