Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MRF traders very quiet, GND any opinions

trigger
Frequent Contributor
jeepers, merafe used to be chatted about thick and fast. most chats were about how well everyone was doing on their trades, that is no more. just read that article posted by Simon and if one were to follow the advice of the author and it does make perfect sense, one would be crazy to purchase merafe with its current trend. what the hell, i am going to buy some. GND i like but would anyone care to share their views on this one. The trend is turning and is starting to look enticing. thanks in advance
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
always some stock with lots of hype, and usually when it is falling (drd, vox, sim spring to mind). GND, listen to an interview I did last night, we chat gnd the last few minutes. he's says lots of nice things - but then says he has sold it ...
http://www.classicfm.co.za/talk/jse-direct/podcasts/jse-direct-with-simon-brown-johan-de-bruiyn-sanl...
0 Kudos
deanmg
Contributor
WRT Merafe: it hurts too much to talk about it! I'm going to give it until Feb to see whether or not I purchase more. Just watching the wounds deepen for now.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was looking forward to their coal operation coming on line and boosting sales but the news out on the prices for coal has put me off, I like this little company but think it'll be a few years before they are looking good again... Why put your money into a sector thats going pearshaped when it can be put to better use in the likes of PPC whos future looks a little more stable.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think Feb will be too late, deanmg....The sell-off in MRF has been way overdone and with the Chinese cutting rates this morning, demand should pick up again and these stocks will fly.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
My opinion is that Merafe is not doing anything out of the ordinary. Its in line with the markets. I dont think its another Simmers & Vox, both of which were gambling in Dealstream.
0 Kudos