Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MRF

Russ
Super Contributor
Mrf at 93c. This really takes me back.Who can remember the good old days?If it just drops to 73c I will really get nostalgic-that was the price that I paid for my very first merafe share. I don't want to even mention wez in case I can't control my emotions.Who can remember wez's unbelievable run up to R15+?
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Not applicable
R1 was an important support line for Merafe. If it closes below, you had best get yourself a marriage certificate for the shares you keep.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
R0.97 come on!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ARI is shutting their ferrochriome furances due to lack of demand. This is not good for MRF.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Ok I'm out
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
i am also out ,buy back if it hits 50 cent
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
My paper trade is gonna stick it out! Come hell or high water!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On a technical level MRF is starting to look better. As long as it holds above R1, it might bounce a bit on an ALSH bounce. Weekly, daily MACDs, force index and RSI have shown positive divergence. In fact, the ALSH looks like it is getting ready for a recovery.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the support is at 97c if it goes below that then anything can happen
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
2009 forcast earnings cut to 39c per share....
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Russ, Russ, I think I may have spotted a fundamental flaw in your system! Double the wife and half the share - not good. Do it the other way round and you'll prosper. The oracle has spoken. Thank you for listening.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks,oracle.Will take your advice.I've always wanted to do it the other way round.If I prosper as well it will be a bonus.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
my son works for Samancor,i know its another group,but they are shutting down all their chrome mines and will provisionally open again in middle january 2009 to try to get rid pf their stock-pile....No buyers on the horison though!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Stainless steel is a good times metal..in bad times people use mild steel and rust proof paint...OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
rust proof paint ... rotflmsao ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
in facty, I going to use that in my show tomorrow night ... we talking MRF ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
go for it!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I also presume it depends what they are building with the metal...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Read their presentation at merril lynch on the 22nd of October. www.meraferesorces.co.za . definately not all doom and gloom.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what time? cnbc or summit? thanks in advance
0 Kudos