Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN BEE

garf
New Contributor
Hi Simon will I be able to buy MTN BEE deal on OST or only at the post office? Also if I bought @ R20 per share after 3 years will it be worth the ruling price? please help
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can't buy them here .. an no idea what they'd be worth ..
0 Kudos
garf
New Contributor
thanks Simon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You can buy them at the Post Office provided they are not on strike, or at any MTN outlet and last time I checked MTN customer service was non existent. The offer opens on the 30th of August 2010 and closes on the 14th of October 2010. Minimum subscription is 100 shares at R20 each making it R2000 and there is no maximum. You must be BEE compliant
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Hi garf - you can read the following article to provide a little clarity on the deal: http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page292518?oid=496832&sn=2009+Detail&pid=287226 Note, nobody can promise you what a future price will be...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R20 gets you one ordnary share of the SPV which holds +-75m MTN shares and debt used to finance deal(mtn divs will be used to pay down this debt). therefore not a direct investment into MTN. ordinary share value will then be the NAV of this SPV,and can only sell this after 3 years (to other shareholders)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what happens when the dividents are not sufficient to settle this debt? at the end of the 6 yr period, will the shares that would then be tradable be of the same value as MTN trading shares no matter how they've performed over that period?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think I read that they sell shares to cover the debt in the end ?
0 Kudos