Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN - BULLET PROOF??

Ninja
Super Contributor
I expected MTN to move down below R100 - doesn't look very likely now......
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DR_1
Super Contributor
Yesterday was carnage, so today we should see more down side. MTN could have found some support yesterday with telkom stocks as they were the only sectors that did not move down a lot
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So difficult to short this one! It was down significantly earlier yesterday, but it always seems to close the gap. I am going to wait for long opportunities only.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
im also short killing me
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Am also currently short MTN at almost breakeven level. Should I close before the weekend? what do you guys think will happen on Monday morning? Tx.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
same here. we going down to R82 :) why sell now?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
i think most of us are short and waiting to sell, bu this share never goes down. Hopefully, if it cna break downwards of R105, the sellign will start
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why not just short something that is going down? Lots to pick from?
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Knowing my luck, as soon as I cover my short it will start tanking. Funny how every share I trade just doesn't move. When I'm short the market tanks 5% but mine only drops by like 2% and same when long.
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
Yeah HiSo I know the feeling. Whenever I decide to short the bluddy price goes up. I gave up shorting MTN, that share is too stubborn to short
0 Kudos