Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN Crystal Ball Stuff

Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
My Crystal ball says now is a good time to short MTN @ R98.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
moomoo
Contributor
Why would it be a good time to short?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Now is a bad time to short anything, unless you like to gamble.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why? I think we can go up to 108 tomorrow..before coming down more next week!
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I agree with snap1, mtn could easily rally to 108 tomorrow and then drop back to the 90 level.
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Short Term TA seems to indicate resistance at 103-104. If it fails then possibly back to support levels of around 90.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
can we see it retreating back to the 90s soon??whats the highest this share is gona go...damn,shudnt have shorted..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Next resistance 108, if it breaks 108, it can go up to 113/118, then it's up to the 120's. You need to have an exit strategy/Stop Loss. Put in your Stop Loss, if it reaches it and thereafter turns around, tough luck. You have to have your own set of rules, and you need to stick to them, and Stop Loss is a veryt important one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ye u ryt,set a stoploss at 110...what happens,happens...
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
For those that were short like me, we had an "ugly" and "irrational" 7% rally yesterday - just goes to show how dangerous the volatility is. I'm still bearish on this one. Nigerian Naira currency still weak (25% of earnings from Nig). But then again the market has its own mind.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Weak against the US dollar or SA rand?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Against the 1 USD=127 NGN
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The graph is still looking positive for me..broke out 1 resistance, should test the next resistance tomorrow or Monday
0 Kudos