Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN - Simon Some advise

Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Name of Director: Mr Phuthuma Nhleko Date of transaction: 6 November 2009 Bought Put at Strike Price of ZAR 115.18 per share Sold Call at Strike Price of ZAR 137.33 per share Expiry Date: 05 May 2011 Number of Contracts: 3 231 047 What would be his view on the market for MTN going forward based on this transaction
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Buying a put would signal they expect price to decrease, profit = Exercise price - Stock Price) Selling a call would also expect the price to decrease, profit = -(Stock price - exercise price) Am i correct?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Buying a put would signal they expect price to decrease, profit = Exercise price - Stock Price) Selling a call would also expect the price to decrease, profit = -(Stock price - exercise price) Am i correct?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yeap, he's bearish on MTN - he's the CEO!
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
I thought as much looks like we will see R 100 cannot see this happen this year as the institutions need MTN big time to prop up their annual statements was in a forbes meeting wednesday and of the 5 fund managers this was their biggest holding followed by sasol
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Same with Liberty (MTN was no. 1) ... Std Bank was highly rated as well.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is a zero cost collar .. if the share trades outside the range he will neither profit nor gain ..
0 Kudos