Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN and earnings from Nigeria...

Not applicable
Read the tech analysis on MTN,would I be safe shorting it @ 115??
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Major telecoms in USA was downgraded (AT&T & Verizon)It would be interesting to see how this affects the local telecoms market
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think I calculated 118 as my shorting point, but must check again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Snap, can you clarify how you reached the figure of 118?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
does anyone have some comments on what is driving the MTN price up, good gains yesterday and today (along with the rest of the market), however it seems that there is some sentiment which is driving the share currently to relatively high levels. does anyone believe that it is going to last or can we expect a drop in the next few days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pulling back to the support of the original bull trend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And that support would be 89?? or 106??
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Are you trading MTN shares or derivatives - as a matter of interest
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im short on MTN from 116,lots of sideways movements on tuesday...I think we myt see 120 tommorow based on the dows performance tonight...any taughts??
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
I'm short as well. Might have been a premature short tho. 120 on the cards and a better position. Didnt expect the resistance to break after so many failed attempts.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Stochastics does show that it is mega overbought...
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
so we hold on to our short's on mtn. stop loss to be at 12500 right?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Next resistance R118, then R125.50. According to my analysis, we are now in the shorting zone, not the buying zone (disclaimer - nobody can see the future; technical analysis only offers clues as to the probable direction). MTN may even be forming a double top at R118 resistance (but it is premature to confirm).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
can any1 tell me whats the support levels for mtn??wheres it headed short terM?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Will this downard movement continue,or will we see a reversal??
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
R112.80 and then R106.80. Not being insolent by saying this, but it is recommended that you study technical analysis to assist you. A GREAT book to read is COME INTO MY TRADING ROOM by Dr Alexander Elder (expensive, but worth it)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IMO support will be found at 106, Glad to see I was right with my prediction of 118 :)
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
have a look at company profile which shows the longer period(three months),then decide for yourself,also try TA,the Bollinger Bands,which will help give u direction,nobody can say whats going to happen on a daily basis.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GOING TO COME DOWN MORE! This is exciting.. I hope I get some at 90 again :P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
when MTN drops it comes down fast, doesn't play games!
0 Kudos