Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN is playing the dog today considering the market

gleamin
Contributor
R101.50 was a strong support level. what are we testing next? JHust dropped 2 days of gains in the last hour!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SKAAPTJOP&MOMENTUM-your RSI calculations are 35 &50.What does that mean?Is that the MTN share price....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
9900 is also strong, held above that few times. Seems to have bounced off that level again
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
And theres that R101.50 level again.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there was support at 73.25 on 01.11.2008 a common right, head, left forming, and 73.25 forming the neckline support, but may be it is too early to call need a few more days to confirm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no, it is technical analysis chart called RSI - relative strength index, it is a momentum indicator that measures an equity's price relative to itself. It gives a better velocity reading than most other indicators
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what a ridiculous last hour - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
Heart rate better than a gym workout........what a movement. I think this just demonstrates the resiliance of this share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Down through the R99 support like a hot knife through butter - increased volume today may be a leading indicator. But then again we are not all-seeing nor all-knowing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe not tomorrow but this one's going down. Shown this before and she showed it again today
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I sold out of MTN as i think the share is fairly fully priced for the moment....I see many of the main managers of portfolios tip it for next year....What worries me is that there are no more greenfield areas of the world to enter and even where they are well established competition is beginning to creep in....In future ALL communication companies will have to expand by add-on new products....Although their results are like to be good for the next couple of years things are likely to become tighter.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN's growth doesn't just come from greenfield markets. They have massive growth potential just in their existing markets. i can tell you that you only have to visit Nigeria to see the rate at which that country is growing. Even in SA, if they can start poaching from Vodacom, now that number portability is in full swing, they can grow. My only concern with them, is the effect that the expiry of their tax consession in Nigeria will have on bottom line.
0 Kudos