Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN or Vodacom

Preston
Super Contributor
LN. You once asked which is the better share to hold MTN or vodacom. I am glad that i average down on Vodacom and Bought MTN in the short term. Starting to reap some rewards on MTN.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Since when has Vodacom been quoted on the JSE? Have I missed something? What is its code?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
As far as i know Vodacom is not listed on the JSe i think Preston has been inhaling to many exhaust fumes.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I sold MTN today @ 12845cps, now wait for the pullback and consider the options from there.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
I said a buy for MTN at 125 a couple of days ago. I think its a mistake to sell now chatty. But the market doesnt care what i think.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I also remember a comment from someone 2 weeks ago that a sell @ 12700 should be considered - after that MTN traded at the level and then a pullback occurred. Today I thought to let go. I think there isn't a right or wrong here - some you win, some you lose. Must admit though, that my action here is not a scientific approach. Hope that you'll do well.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Vodacom is definitly no listed on the JSE guys , But Telkom is (code TKG) and Telkom owns 50% of Vodacom and the other 50% of Vodacom is owned by Vodaphone. I am sure they referring to buying TKG. Note that Telkom earnings this year will be lower than expected.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Sorry Guys...reference was made to TKG
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but tkg anounced poor results so im into puts for about a 5% fall as well as tbs as it has to pay fine within a month it should fall to about 170 lets see , mtn waiting for reversal all over the world corrections happenin, also ams turning but only if it passes 104178 will i get in so now with the puts and hoping to feed a little of the blood?????????
0 Kudos