Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN, who shorted?

Not applicable
lets see who from us was caught short on this one, i was one.. had t cover this morning.. experienced the exact same thing last year.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
me just shorted I mean
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Ouch. Luckily I closed out my Short on Thursday. In retrospect looking at the price action I think the insiders in the market knew of this from mid last week.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Not me, but was getting close.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
sitting in san francisco sms alert this morning tried to get in at 128 rands then it jumped to 138 rands now I see the big guys brought it back to 130 rands its a 160 rands share based on the deal I am going in
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
you can buy at 128 now if you want to?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Nope, the chart has been looking funny
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I feel that the rise this morning was overdone, sellers have now taken over for a nice profit. I feel it can run again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just stay out, thats my advice.. last yearit jumped at the exact same and ran to R160, but the deal failed and came flying back down.. i have a feeling this has alot to do to manipulate the price.. im sure there was some sort of insider trading on this one
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Last year MTN ran because of merger talks and merger talks and merger talks...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and a bull market ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it also fell in that same bull market simon
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It has broken out of its rising channel.124.50 seems to be support.If it stays above that it should move up again.still seem to be a lot of profit-takers though...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
130 is now resistance.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err ya .. but point is a different market psychology ..
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
What effect would the deal actually have on current shareholders, besides from the increase in the MTN Share price? And if say the deal goes through, and the price settles on R160, does this mean a huge support at R160, higher dividends, more cash on the balance sheets, and more acquisition power? i mean im thinking how big they can acutally get in growth terms, after this deal is concluded.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Nobdody owned up to being short MTN overnight? There must be someone in this forum.
0 Kudos
Big_Boy
Occasional Contributor
Yup I was caught!!! What are your views for todays price movement?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I was looking at shorting MTN but got caught up in AGL not going according to plan. FSR, DDT, ACL are running well. MTN has a lot of investor attraction at the mo, so I recon it will be difficult to call. Maybe 134 or thereabouts I have heard.
0 Kudos