Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN -- why the sudden drop?

striker
Super Contributor
Big vol's and 6% down -- what happening???
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
platsak
Super Contributor
buying opportunity coming again!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Already bought on last buy opportunity ,around R120 -- dont have enough cash for so many buy opportunities !!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
trading update on sens
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I beleive the drop is not over yet, so i am gonna buy when it touches 11000 cents and i believe it will do so in Friday and then bouce on Monday before the interim results
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I am hoping for the R100-R102 level. Anyone else out there want to take a flyer at possible entry levels.
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
11000 ... that's a nice round number! I agree that the drop will continue but I think it will stop around 11500-11600 btw .. did everyone see that Phuthuma sold a couple million shares at 151odd? ...that was at the perk ... surely that's wrong!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
eish!!! im only getting cash on Monday!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The drop will continue until they announce their interim results on the 26th, and if the growth is positive we will see a sudden bounce of the share price.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
See sens 9%-14% raise in headline earnings.
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
As someone who is holding MTN shares, I want to see than just the numbers. I want to know what's happening with all the M&A talks... The management team needs to confirm or deny that there are talks with South American companies. The share is a good share and if they are in talks if will spike again ... if not it will drop cause the numbers from Iran is not what they promised a few months ago!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Where did you get the numbers on Iran?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Had a look at MTN last night. Technically a sell. Will watch this one closely.omo
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
market is expecting almost 50% growth for full year, the numbers were not pretty, albeit only half year. but still.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Sold yesterday afternoon; will see if my signal was correct or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Won't buy MTN yet, i am just watching the price and will wait before i buy cos i think IRAN will not yield any positive results. But expecting a strong growth from Nigeria.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think MTN was dropping because the traders/investors qualifying for local BEE schemes are rushing to buy YeboYethu/Vodacom shares. I'm expecting a further downfall until Yeboyethu scheme is closed, and then MTN will rise longer from there
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cell Cs customers are up 58%. Unlikely that these are virgin cell users, more likely that one or both of the big two are loosing market share. Better competition = lower margins. I'm sure there are also lots of other possible reasons for lower than expected results.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think 11000 cents is now a possibility. Don't buy MTN yet, i believe a good buying opportunity is still on its way. I am now thinkin that MTN will touch less than 11000 cents before it bounces back.
0 Kudos