Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

Russ
Super Contributor
Who thought they had missed the boat when mtn rocketed up to 16500? Now below 13000 again.
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Preston
Super Contributor
RUSS. I was on that boat, jumped off , took profit. Jump back onto the boat, took profit, then i decided tariff was bit too expensive and then decide to drink beer and F##K fear.lol
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Speaking of beer sab has also taken a little dive recently. These two must almost be ripe for the picking.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I sold SAB at 191 (i think) and re-enter yesterday at R181. I will re-enter MTN between 120 to R125 price range.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
preston skipped the bottle store yesterday
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am saving myself for the Durban July. Have taken some massive bets on "Pocket Power".
0 Kudos
m9o
Contributor
mtn crossed below 200 day moving average, where's it going in your'lls view?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Prestone answer seems apropriate. 120-124. Im thinking of getting a few at that price. Anyone else thinking of topping up today.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
See buy and sell ideas>tech analysis for 9 June.Based on their analysis could now fall to R100.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's in a descending wedge. Read up on what usually happens to descending wedges.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Why are we discussing MTN under CZA, Russ?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
The two boundary lines move downward and the upper line has the steepest angle of descent. This formation will normally resolve upward because the steepest angle is usually the least sustainable. Sounds promising. How far along are we Vic?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN has still to show weakness below its 61.8 retracement drawn from Jan this yeas before I turn bearish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We're just more than halfway along the wedge, methinks. "On average, breakouts occur 65% of the way to the wedge apex" "Think of a falling wedge not as a pattern of weakness, but one of strength. Think of the formation as a spring winding tighter and tighter. As a spring tightens, it shrinks, and so too do prices and volume in the falling wedge. During a breakout, the pent-up force releases, and prices burst through the formation boundary and zoom upward." -Encyclopedia of chart patterns
0 Kudos
alleycat
Contributor
Please give the dates from where the wedge lines are initially drawn and if from opening or closing price. Tks alleycat
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Close on 20080509 through close on 20080620. High on 20080520 through high 20080617. The apex is at just above R100, and the danger is that if it travels down to there, it won't break out with enery. Breakouts with most energy happen at +- 65% distance from start of wedge.
0 Kudos
alleycat
Contributor
Thanks. Now my wedge looks like a wedge with meaning.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Had some handsome profits on MTN since early this year which have all been wiped out to naught...very sad really.. share price taking incredible strain now and it seems like a long time till the exclusive merger talks end on July 8. Wonder if the worst is over...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Vic. See theres a bit of a bounce this morning. Whats your opinion?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's touched bottom line, now bouncing up towards top line. If it doesn't break out I won't touch it, and even then it needs to be on volume.
0 Kudos