Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

theyoungster
Super Contributor
TO buy or not to buy now??
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
Just watch and wait, MTN is going for 11000cents soon.
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not to buy right now
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
R100 > < R120 ? Then I will buy some more.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Wait for interim results next week.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Anyone know when the results are due this week.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
We all know the growth is not as expected. Still wait for around R100. Overpriced in current market.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
This does not sound good: "Breakout of symmetrical triangle: MTN negatively broke out of a symmetrical triangle and has landed on a major support trendline (previously a major resistance trendline). Further declines may be restricted by that trendline, given MTN's tendency to bounce above it. But increased volumes (after the breakout) could sabotage MTN's efforts to preserve its new uptrend. It could fall to the 8,950cps targeted support level once the major support trendline and the 10,000cps key level has been breached, and if sellers persist, it may slump further - to the 6,950cps low. Investors are advised to go short only below 10,000cps. NOTE: MTN would have to trade above 14,250cps to confirm a sustainable bullish reversal, even after bouncing on the major support trendline. Failure to do so could instigate sideways movement until either the 10,000cps level or the 14,250cps high is breached. We had already advised investors to reduce long positions when MTN was teetering on its support trendline in July. A short position is now strongly recommended below 10,000cps. Support level: 10,000cps (followed by the 8,950cps level) Resistance level: 14,250cps (followed by the 16,500cps level"
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Thursday, 28th
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
You chart analising Guys always tend to see things from a strictly esoteric viewpoint. Almost like a share price is an organic substance,prone to the laws of nature ,science and physics. Surely basic fundamentals,like MTN's mediocre trading update is affecting the current share price more than anything else !
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Striker. Whichever one you use. Fundamentals and TA are converging to form what can possibly be an perfect storm for MTN.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
In any case @ 6,950c/ps I think I will take a lot.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Platsak - if it gets to that level,then we've al been duped by MTN back when all the merger talk was happening.R160 - R200 was the numbers thrown around !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A good buying opportunity is still coming, MTN will reach 10200 very soon
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Striker. For what it is worth I dont think it will reach that numbers. Its still a excellent share. Theres hopefully still going to be some corporate action coming in the next year or so. I am looking at getting a few when the price is right.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The decline will continue but not to 6950cps, lets be realistic. I personally think MTN will reach 10200 cps and thats the maximum that i think it will go.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
wats going on with MTN? are they still aggressively looking to merge or make acquisitions cos it seems that hipe has died down. wat are thier future expansion plans cos thats wats concerning me, they seem to have slowed down, maybe im wrong, i dont know..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN's CEO Nhleko is a shy guy, you don't see him making any statements, the only time we get to see him is when he presents their results. I heard they are now going to Mexico but not sure if they will go through with it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos