Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN????

amanda_1
Occasional Contributor
Buying opportunity???
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
theyoungster
Super Contributor
it seems like it,
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
After a number of false starts i think its one to be watched....The MA shows no sign of a turn yet,however Graemer Korner now of BOE whose opinion i respect sees it as a buy....As they pay only one Div a year in i think Feb ,its price should increase up to that event....Then there are the Italians....To twist a saying "When in Rome do the Romans before they do you!"
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
MTN is a fantastic company. Great growth prospects. It's dividend is paltry though. Even if they increase their div 30% to 177c, it's still only a forward div of 1.6% at todays price. There is of course a chance that they can reduce their div cover that is at about 5. But this may take awhile as they are investing heavily into their expansion programs. Buy for growth prospects. OMO
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Bonjurno I think buy those Italians lost thier airline so they need a bail out to communicate Italians Like talking and the maffia need to find new models of income
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Hey Louisg I am trying to also increase that dividend mate so up here in ghana and nigeria I am fully manual on network search and find MTN hey in nigeria i even have 3 G there and phones are half price mate so I use those Nira
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hey SurfRat. I also...mhgd jsgd wjhjhuuj....jhsyte.. ueghw nshdag ..ahsah ksdjsmk . Cheers
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Amanda.....not sure in the short term - it looks a bit shaky and could go either way. Long term definate yes. If you are looking for nice short term long look at Naspers or ARI.....both have excellent set up and as soon as you have entry there is a good opportunity for a least a R10 move on both these shares.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN will move much lower in the next month or two towards year end... R64 eventually, FACT.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN will move much lower in the next month or two towards year end... R64 eventually, FACT.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still more downside, not yet over.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Skippy, why R64? In a month or two? You got a crystal ball?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No he doesn't louisg, the probability of it reaching that target is just higher after the broadening formation break. It will move lower until it doesn't, I think he simply means that for the forseeable future it isn't time to buy until it gives a reversal pattern.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
LMAO @ louisg, that was a classic answer to surfrat, I thought I was the only one who couldn't make out what he is always on about!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Wena, no matter what we use (TA or FA) to trade/invest, nobody can predict the market with such accuracy. It's ridiculous to make such statements and perhaps even harmful to those that take such predictions as FACT and trade on it. (Skippy also predicted SOL down to R220)
0 Kudos