Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

Robbie
Regular Contributor
PE now 14+, down from the recent 20. Will this one bottom out when the PE also gets to around 7, like so many Blue Chips ? Anyone thinks it's time to buy ? I sold last Thursday @ 9800 at a helluva loss, but glad I did !
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
I am in this share big time massive operations in WA and the currency has held up 118 to the dollar that means huge money someone is going to make big bucks here
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
one naira was about 8 cents now its 10c thats a 20% return on exchange and they use their cell phones big time in the land of oil and money I go there on sunday again was there 3 weeks ago and nothing changed there
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
yeah i just got out this morning, its got alot of downside. Got in when market sentiment was looking good, then the US happend again. I think this one will be going down the rest of the week.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Where is the bottom? Who knows? Absolutely fantastic company though. Long term buy. OMO
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
100% agreed!
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
PE still too high.Plenty foreign sellers.Emerging markets not flavour of the month.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
What do you think their forward PE is?
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
As long as some part of the population would first buy airtime and then food, then MTN must make money. I added to my futures now @ 8310 & 8360 (started @ 9460) I hope my nerves will make it ! [It trade now @ 50% of the all-time high - if that means anything (?)]
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
No doubt anymore. This one is headed for the 69.50 level. Im getting out of dodge.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
That's crystal ball talk Platsak, even though you may be right. Nobody can predict the future.
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
I'm glad I got out of this one too, it was beginning to hurt heh and it might continue to hurt tomorrow too...
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Now after the DJIA closed up 2.02% and the ZAR @ 1100, I'm sure MTN be be green tomorrow. I will sleep lekker tonight.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Please let sanity prevail there is no food problem in nigeria believe me airtime is cooking up there they do not even think twice about airtime what other communication system do you have there ??? so we see
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
How low do you think it can go ? Every day a helluva drop ! I'm deep in the red.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Calling the bottom now is like Russian Roulette - The Jse Overall has broken 19 000 and I do not see any particular resistance level on the charts, therefore no place to pin my bets. Johan Rupert said that he would not buy shares unless he is going to keep it for 6 years. Sit on the side or short - that is about it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skippy called the bottom a week or two ago when he said we'll reach the R64 level based on the broadening formation breakout. Just ask louisg, he scoffed at this as - oh, what does he call it again? - "crystal ball talk".... Ha ha, it's wonderful what a good study of market psychology (that's Technical analysis to most) can do for your investing/trading.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
I am red lining here ( But shorting this one at this level is like playing Russian Roullette with every barrel loaded takes a brave soul so if you can I would say stay on the side ( I am just bailing myself out waiting for the short squeeze ) when MTN runs it runs
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you want some hope... here it is, MTN has gapped down today from yesterday's low. If this market can close that gap today and close near it I believe we can see a rally in the next couple of days. Do not be sucked in though, a rally is your chance to exit stale longs before the next leg down. Buy when we reach the R60's, OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That gap just closed as MTN shot up even though everything else is falling. If we close at R82-ish ( i prefer above it) then we may see a good bounce in the next day or two.
0 Kudos