Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

gareth01
Regular Contributor
Noticed that MTN is hanging onto its support level of R110.50 (only just). If breaks, that then off to levels of R106.00?? But dont think it will get there, as we are in a "mini bull" are we not? Secondly, MTN has not run like the like of other commodity or retail shares, in fact it has come off highs of R124 but to this support level.. What are other forums opinions?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
How did you get support at 106? I got support at 90 if the 110 support line does not hold. I think we goinog to see a small rally to about R117 though before it turns again. RSI and stochastics look good for a quick one....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well,. aside,.. Has one noticed MTN's contract offerings deteriorate,.. Seems to be becoming more of an 'African' product,. like basics only,. no frills,..
0 Kudos
MoMo01
Frequent Contributor
on a daily chart technicals look good buy signal,positive divergence on MACD,stochastics buy,and RSI looking up...
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
On my system 9 EMA is below 24 WMA and priceline below both. All 3 drifting south. I see convergence RSI to price trend and MacD going with last 3 day trend. 2x Doji's in a row. RSI upward trend and candles possibly indicates a positive pivot point developing, but this is to risky for me. I need to see the short MA and priceline going northwards first to set a trigger. Good luck
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Theres support at 106. It touched 106.05 earlier..
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
so it broke down to its next support level of R106...but onto todays volume and value, seems like decent support to ignore such value??? Also believe there is rumour of M&A - hopefully not MTN buying into another company to grow market share outside of SA (unless it of real value to existing shareholders and proves viable/desirable from a growth perspective). MTN can ill afford to waste capital on low ROE investments.....shareholders want growth/return. If however, a potential blue chip suitor, bring it on... Lastly, why does MTN not just increase it "divdend yield" and then watch investors return....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Gareth for that, will look into it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
is is no secret. check SENS.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
Thanks Shanil for the link, interesting reading...lets hope the debt raised (if true), will produce that return we as investors (and traders) require...Will have to wait and see
0 Kudos
MoMo01
Frequent Contributor
what a come back Mtn back to R110
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
Totally agreed (and some monies made today) :) Lets hope for some more upside..come monday
0 Kudos