Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

gareth01
Regular Contributor
Mtn trading in this range for ever (R132 - R136)...can it finally break out? Have to wait for results on the 9th March - hopefully it will increase its dividend to around R400, to get the share price moving again (and I guess more clarity as to Iran etc)... All the other shares are massively up YTD....with MTN stuck...come on!!!
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
I'm with you gareth01. Still in it's bull channel but seems stuck on it's support. C'mon sponono you got lotsa money, buy some MTN and help us poor fellas out here!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
good long term buying opportunity..
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
watched a interview on summit,expecting a div of 429c,but until there is clarity over iran,this stock will trade sideways.the one guy they interviewed said that the allegations don't hold water....so i hope he's right!
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
I have been loading up on em below R133....so I truely hope (if the share price does not run), I get a decent dividend yield from them (like Vodacom pays). And pay out before 1st April, as I do not want Mr Gordin to waste my money unncessarily....
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
the payout does not need to be before 1 april, as long as it is declared before 1 April, you will avoid the new dividend tax..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surely LDT must be before 1 April
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
apologies, quite correct...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
dont fret about the dividend tax....the company will compensate for the dividend tax...you may not notice any difference ...until the pres buys another jet for himself and another for...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Rams, the companies are not .. ASA pref is being bulked up for a 10% div tax, not 15% .. so investor will be out of pocket ..
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
according to www.mtn.com the results are announced on the 7march
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
thanks Suki...just saw that now! Finally MTN broke above 137....can she now move quickly to R138 back to the 140s....??
0 Kudos