Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTX you guys that held and sold,

Not applicable
what were your original reasons for buying and were they shares or instalments?In your opinion what will it turn at.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
and i c there has already been 1mil+ moved today so there are those that think its time tio stock up?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
or those that think that its time to sell. it works both ways!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
these days it feels like walking a fense,one side full of pitbulls about fifty and other side a hawain beach full of beautifull people and you do not know where u r going to land ,but u know you are def to fall.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
fundamentally this is a good company. trading update should be out soon. Would it be wise to average down now? who else is still holding this share/?
0 Kudos
DavidG
Contributor
I hold some MTX, so am feeling the pain of not having sold at R30. On the other hand, I think it's a basically good co, and will recover. Some recent uncertainty about whether a takeover will go through, but still seems good despite that. OMO
0 Kudos
WBuffet
Contributor
This is a good company with good prospects. I hold some and have used this opportunity to average down.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it may well be a good co with good prospects. But that doesn't mean that it hasn't at times been way way expensive and as such may take a very long ime to get back to recent highs.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I bought MTX a couple of years ago for around 360. Am planning to hang on for a while - it was more of an investment I guess. Thats why I didnt sell at 30. I wanted a 10 bagger at least, and like Peter Lynch says you have to hang in there to get the 10 baggers.
0 Kudos
WBuffet
Contributor
I agree with you Simon in that regard. A lot of shares have been way way expensive and the market is offering an opportunity to pick those good counters that have been expensive. My time horizon is the long haul, and using this correction to look for value shares.
0 Kudos