Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTX

BigMike
New Contributor
Is this just a sudden bling or does it look like Metorex is looking to turn>!!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BAP
Regular Contributor
BigMike, the MTX experts on this forum are very reluctant to share the secret of this share (punt?) with the rest of us. I saw the huge volume changes a week or so ago and got no response to my post. Missed out on the run, but it's sitting at its previous high from where it went down to the 240's. Might be worth a short, but that's not my game.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
The breakout was discussed or raised a couple of posts back. I wish I had have followed my instincs and got in, it will be intersting to watch closely as if this one does not pull back there is going to be considerable up side
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
METOREX has basically resolved her cash requirements for the next 2 years. Primarily to service 2+ bil of debt. In addition, she carried most of her medium term hedging through paid-up puts. These could easily be cancelled as the cost was basically sunk. Now she has advised the market that she has done just this and raised the hedge to $6000, stripping the risk from her cashflow until 2011 The trick was to have anticipated this and bought the share on her return to R2.50-2.60. SHE HAS ALSO INDICATED THAT HER COBALT OUTPUT WILL HIT 5200 TONS. AT RUASHI. This put the puzzle of her low cobalt yield to bed. Cobalt has traded at north of 20x the price of copper until the collapse. So her copper equivalent at this mine is say 36 + 50=86000 tons. Add 25000+ attributable tons from Zambia and 1200 tons of cobalt. And she has restated her intention to reopen Ruashi phase 1 adding potentially another 28000 copper equivalent production. The earnings potential is astronomical. There has also been quite a lot of corporate activity in the DRC & ZAMBAI copper belts recently.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
METOREX has basically resolved her cash requirements for the next 2 years. Primarily to service 2+ bil of debt. In addition, she carried most of her medium term hedging through paid-up puts. These could easily be cancelled as the cost was basically sunk. Now she has advised the market that she has done just this and raised the hedge to $6000, stripping the risk from her cashflow until 2011 The trick was to have anticipated this and bought the share on her return to R2.50-2.60. SHE HAS ALSO INDICATED THAT HER COBALT OUTPUT WILL HIT 5200 TONS. AT RUASHI. This put the puzzle of her low cobalt yield to bed. Cobalt has traded at north of 10x the price of copper until the collapse. So her copper equivalent at this mine is say 36 + 50=86000 tons. Add 25000+ attributable tons from Zambia and 1200 tons of cobalt. And she has restated her intention to reopen Ruashi phase 1 adding potentially another 28000 copper equivalent production. The earnings potential is astronomical. There has also been quite a lot of corporate activity in the DRC & ZAMBAI copper belts recently.
0 Kudos
zudy
Contributor
Will she go back to 2007/8 prices
0 Kudos