Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTX

zudy
Contributor
I have some of these shares and am thrilled with there continued rise but dont really understand it so I am a bit nervous. Should I buy more before they go up more or sit tight and watch
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
I thought I was being smart with a stop loss- damn thing kicked me out on about R4.78ish, then continued to go up a bit. Live and learn. lost out a bit there but made a quick 12% on SOL warrants.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Hang on before buying more. MTX has run hard and now needs to consolidate a bit. It has hit resistence at these levels and needs to break R5 before the next resistence at around R6 kicks into place.
0 Kudos
zudy
Contributor
Thanks chaps I see it has dropped a bit
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
and i lost a packet on these when they hit R2.90 -
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Oh for those halcyon days of 30 plus....
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Jeez...what a word "halcyon"...what does that mean ?
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Halcyon (pronounced /ˈhælsiən/), a term that originates from the Greek myth of Alcyone, is used most often to mean golden or marked by peace and prosperity.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
bank it for the "impress her at the bar" scenario
0 Kudos
Harley
Contributor
Skyla, My opinion - Metorex went back to basics. Got rid of non - core activities and concentrating on core business now. Management also seems to be sorted. Corporate Governance is established. It can only be better henceforth. I hold Metorex shares since being listed. Metorex is capable of more than the previous highs. As a investor I think it is about time that Metorex consider distribution of dividends.
0 Kudos
zudy
Contributor
what made Metorex drop this morning. Dividends would make them really worthwhile
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Dividend talk may be slightly premature with debt of R1.5bn and further capex required to get Ruashi fully operational...
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
still to soon on this one, I agree with topgun.
0 Kudos
Tetonka
Occasional Contributor
According to the operational updates MTX produce roughly 2,500 Ton copper per month, 30,000T annual, hedged at $6,000 per tonne = $180,000,000 income. At an exchange rate of R7.20 to the USD, earnings is just over R1.70 per share.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
That is indeed correct if you mean revenue/share which is unfortunately not the metric normally used. Still have to subtract the secretary's salary, onmine costs, electricity, pay the bank interest on the R1.5bn etc. etc. I trust your realise the slight miscalculation?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Be careful of trying to be too clever with this stock. As long as the world holds up, this share looks insanely cheap; both on a projected earnings and on an asset replacement basis. The breakout has come on the back of news that METOREX has resolved her cashflow issues. She is also the only pure copper play on our market (PALABORA is hopelessly illiquid) so even funds will look at her. The point is - she has broken out of a long consolidation on news the market was waitinf for and I really don't see that you can count on resistence levels to stop her ascent with any degree of certainty.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I think that this share should pull back soon and then run again, this is from a TA point of view......Agree or DisAgree? Another point is that Monday the market should reflect what is actually going on as December is a Jolly time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahh the monday feeding frenzy...Our first real trading day when all is almost back to normal and the big boys are back and relaxed. How much profit to be taken to pay back the debt created in December??...... Right now I am sitting and watching. Trying to predict this week has been rather interesting. My TA says a pull to about 460/455 but I am sitting out till next week to see what really is up. Could be a share to own for 2010???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
After the volalility of yesterday, I thought i was going to lose on this share, but i see it's on the move again. now the question is, should I take a small profit and run? usually the market is suppose to go down on a Thursday and Friday doesn't it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
My favourite small cap at this time!
0 Kudos