Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MUR versus GRF (Group Five). Who do you support?

Not applicable
I'm opening this forum to obtain your view on which of the two construction companies you think will perfom well, during the remainder of 2007. And why? MUR performed very well at the time government issued billions of rands to the tenderers for Gautrain and 2010 stadiums. Now that MUR construction is in progress, this MUR share seems to be playing between 6900 and 6300. Are there any chances that MUR will reach R80,00 this year? That's what I thought in January. Having read the Financial Mail for 2007 nominated shares and listerned to various presentation by succesful investors, GRF was a 2007 favourable share by these presenters. When I drive along JHB North surburbs, I see lot of Group 5 boards on the construction sites, and I will think that this company has more contracts in the private sector. Let's chat....
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Personally, I like Aveng more - they run a tight operation, and their share price is rising steadily off a low base. But I still figure the best exposure to infrastructure spend is through primary suppliers like PPC - don't have to worry about strikes, contract overruns an all that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Gravy. I also speculate that Construction companies and the manufacturers of constr products will grow faster before 2010 world cup
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
True Jamjam. Only problem is, that's all priced in already.
0 Kudos
schneid
Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
BSR Much better went up from 515c to R25, Nice in 16 mths time !! Will be R100 before 2009 and a future now at 11.08 gearing should earn good rewards !! 4450% in 2 yrs coming,, 10k could be 445k or 100k could turn out to be 4.45mbucks !! Watch out tiger..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos