Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MUR

macker753
Occasional Contributor
Anybody know whats causing Murray and Robers to run so well over the last week (especially the last few days?)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
klapka
Super Contributor
Revenue up 27% to June. Also thoughts from some quarters that construction negativity has been overdone.
0 Kudos
macker753
Occasional Contributor
I bought at 5150 just over a week ago so am relatively surprised by the rapid climb! When I started investing I had a purely long term strategy, but I'm starting to wonder if I should cash in on the current MUR rise? Whats your thoughts?
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Only you can decide that. Personally I find it noteable that today,s volume was 3X the average, only a year ago this share was R100 and if a share is going up on increasing volumes it is more attractive that a share going down on low volumes. I also note the rand is stronger again. Them foreigners must be buying something?????
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
The results are old news - cant be that spurring the share. very volatile. Up 5%+ the one day, down 5%+ the next
0 Kudos
macker753
Occasional Contributor
Yeah I agree the results are old news so don't think its specifically that pushing it! The volumes are quite high though ... and even though it has been relatively volatile ... its gained almost 20% in a week! Seems strange with no specific news backing it directly!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been following this stock for a while now. If you have a look at the graph you will see that the chances is good that the share will fall back this week to its support line of 5300. It has a strong upward tendancy and I think with the changes in the economic envoriment that it will run to 7000 at the end of this year. Take not that it is their dividend payment on the 09/10 which is also helping it upwards with new investors.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
think it is foreigners buying .. local asset managers all say local construction companies over valued ..
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I sometime dont understand our local fund managers. The government has committed to spend 680 bil on infrustructure, That's got to come through to this sector. Maybe the market is telling us something.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that money already priced in .. Q is what there after ??
0 Kudos