Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MUR

Not applicable
CAN ANYBODY GIVE AN INDICATION WHY MUR ARE GOING DOWN THE WHOLE TIME WHILE THE GENERAL TREND ON THE JSE IS BULLISH ? WILLEM
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
CAUSE IT WENT UP!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
capitals are considered shouting,so as to get a civil answer in future,u know what to do.... almost the whole market has tanked in the last couple of days....construction companies are also floundering at present as the demand around the world has not taken off yet....hope this helps
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A lot of the construction companies currently fall in the "Dogs of the dow" category seeing they've got some of the highest Return on capital and earnings yields, but are not sexy at the moment. Might be good for a one year play.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
TA shows a downtrend and until that changes, it will remain in a downtrend. Fundamentals ? what is the outlook for the next 18mths? as someone once said "don't try and sell ice to the Eskimos"
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Market always looks into the future to determine today's price. What's in the pipelines for MUR after 2010 ? Construction is highly cyclical. Gov infrastructure spend kept MUR in very good shape, but that will end in next year. With a prospect of slow world recovery image what the impact will be on MUR's order book.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the advise regarding the use of capital letters. I will remember it in future.
0 Kudos
RichardS
Occasional Contributor
Also sitting on some MUR. SA Government spending of R787-billion anticipated on public infrastructure (Feb 09), figure boosted to R850-billion, (Oct 09) over the next three years (20 Nov 09 - govt committed to further increasing infrastructure spend), which is probably why construction sector shares (Basread/MUR/Aveng) still rated a buy/outperform; MUR also sitting on the support line of about 5350, and holding, can't see much more downside - this share oversold, given all the SA and parastatal infrastructure requirements going forward to 2020.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
when do you take your loss on mur or do you ride the stoem
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, a simple observation is this - if all stocks have a beta to the market, then they should generally be rising in a rising market. Now if they are flatlining, then what do you expect them to do when the market turns (and it will turn at some point). One thing I can guarantee, is that htere were a lot of stoplosses sitting right below that 5320 level, so when it broke, a lot of downside movement took place. Volumes are low, so that tells me that stops kicking in here was most likely the case. If it is a genuine downward break, then it will most likely close pretty much near its low, and volumes will pick up. If it is just stoploss action, then it will pull back into its consolidation zone.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I think we have our answer...
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Topgun, ek is maar dom jong! Explain please.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Sien die SENS wat nou-nou uitgekom het...MUR verwag 'n daling van tussen 10% en 20% in tussentydse bedryfsinkomste.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Dankie, sal gaan kyk. Verwag selde tiepe situasie vir AEG en BSR.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ooh, we have a trade setup lining up here! a 3% drop off a sens that I think was sort of predicted by industry, given the selloff. i suspect we will now start seeing some renewed buying action soon. I mean its a quality company with a strong order book and well positioned to capitalize off infrastructure projects in Africa, and there are a lot of infrastructure projects in the pipeline
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Could be a bounce but then further downside.It's broken support.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Seems the market has the SENS before it was issued...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
construction sector had its final downward trend.trend will only be up now.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Dubai defaulting on payments of a few B's. Think there is still a lot of their book in that area. Thats got to hurt.
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Now down to 4850 and still falling - is 4600 considered strong support and good entry point?
0 Kudos