Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MWeb uncapped ADSL

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sounds great, until you read the small print .. not uncapped at all it seems ..
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol... where does one find the small print?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Uncapped to point then it becomes a local only traffic account with limited international access..... gotta love marketing ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
small print after you sign...as always you sign the debit form and they send the contract to you after payment recieved....gotta love the billing department.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well guys - thanks for giving us all the heads up on that one. Darn - anything out there yet that beats what TKG has to offer in the fixed line arena?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
check out screamer www.sceramer.co.za true uncapped at like R399 for 384K, same as Mweb business ADSL offering at R499 (you gotta still ad the telkom line fee R153 -384K to that but you gotta with any ISP anyway). BEST PART MONTH TO MONTH
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Screamer.co.za reliability and measured bandwidth during peaks?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So far I have had no issues, teething problems in December butsince then no probs and I download quite a bit (around 50Gig a month) and never had issues. Torrents I beleive can be touchy but still useful and no idea about online gaming.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
50Gb a month - go easy on the milfs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
;-)...I'll leave those for you. I am happily married. Mostly research projects.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Research. Never heard it called that before.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Endless problems with screamer - just go look at hello peter go for afrihost.co.za - great service at a better price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have had no issues other then a few days n December and Jan when they opened the lines for the masses. However I did look at afrihost. 50gb @ R950 a month is way more that I am willing to spend. Scremer seems to do OK for me but I dont use power apps so that might be my secret. In the coming years things will change and these startups like screamer are the ones killing the prices and forcing the big players like Mweb to compete. As I am more tech savy that the ordinary person thus I rely less on support centers to fix my issues. Matter of what you want and what you do with it I guess
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I am sure that MWEB now belongs to TKG. Personally I would not never get involved with them. TKG has been the problem behind the delivery of internet services and the cost to south africans
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Last time i checked MWEB belonged to Naspers...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
cps i love u !!! u write your own posts , reply and answer it yourself and u still have time for 50gig a month and your married !!! your the best mr norris.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
They reserve the right to throttle or completely cut your connection at anytime. Awesome if you're about to hit that trade button and your connection gets cut. They'll never run true uncapped at those prices, they even throttle you on services that cost over R1000 for 384kbps connectivity speeds.
0 Kudos
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
Just phone in to verify everything, the uncapped portion is shaped and the throttling of international sites is not applicable on the ADSL UNCAPPED product...there is no contract and if unsatisfied with the service you just need to give a 30day notice period...will let the forum know as soon as I encounter un-satisfactory service...seems like online gaming is the plan for the weekend...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats what I was saying about them, screamer aint the big guns ISP but the big guns have huge overheads to pay for. Smaller guys are setting the new standards. zRemener MWEB IS etc were also small once. And Shard, every ISP has the reserve to cut your connection if they need to, so no matter how much or little you pay you subject to everything outside your control. BTW, Afrihost @29 per gig a 10Gig contract is usually more tha enough for average users so internet fast internet @ 299/month 10 gig is very very good pricing. but again for 100 extra you get unlimited so your choice.... ;-)
0 Kudos